Sign in to follow this  
Maduke

Terrible, Horrible, Greasy, Delicious Food

Ok, suppose a guy ends up eating McDonalds. Now I'm not talking about the situation where "the guy" is on the road late and it is really the only thing open... then he's smart and orders a grilled chicken sandwich, no sauce, no fries, water to drink... That is not the situation I'm talking about. I'm talking about the pre-meditated murder of a Big Mac, fries, and drink... and supersize it.

So, if a guy is going to do this, is it better to do on a workout day or non workout day?

workout day, as a PWO meal, after burning a ton of calories working out

Definitely a workout day. And if "this guy" can skip on the soda, it's REALLY need not that bad. Calm down and enjoy it. Send those fries swimming in kethcup, too.

FWIW, Cavewoman and I frequently go to all-you-can-eat type places PWO, usually for sushi and the like. Lots of carbs, fat, and protein -- way more than the meal you described. I do recommend consuming at least 50g of protein before you go. If you're gonna throw up your insulin, at least have some extra protein with it ;-)

Definitely work out day. FYI: big mac = 530 Calories, Medium fry is about 320 Calories. All in all not as bad as some meals can get.

Here's the gotcha: trying to keep the protein up and the calories down. The fat content of the fries and the burger pushes the protein/calorie ratio more unfavorable. If your goal is to maintain a calorie deficit do it on a day when you burn more calories.

Any day if he's skinny! I would premeditate murder of all the fries in BK if I had the chance! :)

Screw the fries and double up on the burgers!

1 normal soda/milkshake + quarter pounder + 2x double cheese + big mac/bacon burger + cheese burger = unbeatable

FWIW, Cavewoman and I frequently go to all-you-can-eat type places PWO, usually for sushi and the like. Lots of carbs, fat, and protein -- way more than the meal you described. I do recommend consuming at least 50g of protein before you go. If you're gonna throw up your insulin, at least have some extra protein with it ;-)

I do this do before eating out, I try and get in a protein shake of some sort

I think that if this guys work out his ass off at least 3x a week, he is entitled to wolf down a burger or two (fries and soda included).

Although I would do Wendy's instead, it taste more fresh imo.

Well, I thought I was going to get a lot of "Garbage in, garbage out" speeches. Some good stuff here. Do it on a workout day, add some protein... I'd also make the drink a Coke Zero but I'm sure that science will soon reveal that aspartame is far worse than all the sugar we have been consuming. Cheers all.

I'm with Ghost.

PWO meal on heavy deadlift day = large strawberry shake and 4 or 6 double cheeseburgers

It's like sex, only better

B)

• Upvote 1

Yes PWO meal...KFC for me

Fully Loaded Box Meal, Towered up burger with a Crushem Milkshake and a popcorn chicken - 2050 calories give or take a few.

Fucking immense, and because its mostly chicken lots of protein

Calories 2049

Protein 85g

Carbs 216g

Fat 97.9g (well you cant have everything can you, 20g of this is saturated fat - and if you are bothered about the fat you won't be ordering it would you ;) )

Salt is the real issue here - 116% of RDA at 115g so maybe the drink can be swapped for a large bottle of water! Sheds a bit of sugars etc from the meal.

I have this once or twice a month, its a real great meal - usually after a sunday workout if at all.

I'd also make the drink a Coke Zero but I'm sure that science will soon reveal that aspartame is far worse than all the sugar we have been consuming. Cheers all.

Not in those quantities.

I'd take <5g of sugar rather than 30g of artificial sweetener, but if it's a 1:1 ratio for a whole soda, get diet. Worst thing about artificials seems to be that it makes you hungrier -- sort of irrelevant if your goal is to pig out. A large coke at McDonalds has 86g of sugar -- 33% more than a large fry! At least the fries are tasty ;-)

If artificials were that bad, we'd have people that consume a case of diet coke every day dropping dead. Meanwhile, people consuming a case of regular coke every day ARE dropping dead, so I'd say the artificials are much, much safer than sugar IF you're having any significant quantity. Sure, it'd be better to not have any, but if it's a lesser-of-two-evils, the artificial is probably a better bet.

On that note, have you ever had naturally flavored club soda? It's carbonated water infused with just flavor oil -- NO sweeteners of any kind: http://www.lacroixwater.com/ That's a great soda alternative.

• Upvote 1

On that note, have you ever had naturally flavored club soda? It's carbonated water infused with just flavor oil -- NO sweeteners of any kind: http://www.lacroixwater.com/ That's a great soda alternative.

I drink a lot of club soda. Usually just a squirt of lime, but I'll look into that. I havn't heard of it so it might not have made it's way to Canada. It says Costco so I'll check there. Tx

Technically speaking, out of all the no cal sweeteners, aspartame is the worst. Splenda being better (and more versatile), and Stevia (natural) the best. I believe Coke Zero is splenda based.

That said, too much of anything is bad.

Coke Zero isn't Splenda as far as I know - they made (make?) a specific Diet Coke w/Splenda can I've had in the past, but haven't seen it for a while. I'm relatively sure that aspartame is used in Coke Zero (I usually look at this stuff).

Seems like I'm in the majority here too - my first meal (doing IF) on a workout day is generallt fast food (Taco John's preferred, but TB, McD's, BK, whatever works).

Funny if LaCroix hasn't "made it" to Canada...since it's a pretty French name and I'd expect it to be Canadian-based!. :)

Well, you can't buy Jack Daniels where it's made lol

It's like sex, only better

I think you might be doing it wrong. Perhaps you can post something under "Video Form Check" and we offer advice

^^^lol yeah

I think you might be doing it wrong. Perhaps you can post something under "Video Form Check" and we offer advice

I thought that as well, but i've managed 2 ankle biters, so I must be doing it right :wacko:

B)

Awwww snap, and just when I had added coke zero/pepsi max to my 'safe food' list. Guess I'll have to tone it down a little..

As long as you aren't downing a six pack a day, you should be fine.

I'd take <5g of sugar rather than 30g of artificial sweetener, but if it's a 1:1 ratio for a whole soda, get diet. Worst thing about artificials seems to be that it makes you hungrier -- sort of irrelevant if your goal is to pig out. A large coke at McDonalds has 86g of sugar -- 33% more than a large fry! At least the fries are tasty ;-)

Wait what.. How big is the large coke over there and how freaking much do they stuff sugar/HFCS into it?? In here it's 0,5 liters and coke has 10,6g of sugar, not HFCS, per 100ml, which amounts to 53g of sugar for the large coke.

In the States, unless you get a "Throwback" Pepsi, you are getting HFCS. In any case, what a restaurant calls a large varies a good deal from restaurant to restaurant. In most cases it's like this:

• Small: doesn't exist or 16oz (Wendy's is 20oz)
  • Medium: 20oz (Wendy's and Taco Bell is 32oz)
  • Large: 32oz (Wendy's and Taco Bell is 44oz)

Some sick places have a 64oz extra large. No matter where you go, each size is priced so that a patron would have to drink a full 2 gallons of soda to break even on their investment. In short, the price of the cup, syrup, carbonation, and water works out to 2 gallons consumed for the price you pay. It's the same whether you get the small or the super deluxe extra large.

16oz = .47L

20oz = .59L

32oz = .94L

44oz = 1.3L

As long as you aren't downing a six pack a day, you should be fine.

Exactly!

Just be reasonable with it.