Sign in to follow this  
Ivanhoe

Football/soccer Talk

The only problem that I really have with Chelsea is AVB. He seems to be on another planet.

My picks are City 1st, United 2nd, Spurs/Chelsea 3rd, Arsenal 5th, Liverpool 6th.

Sickens me that City can just discard players like Adebayor, Bellamy, Ireland and Wright Phillips.

Do you think you are going to lose Harry ?

Sorry for not replying sooner. Harry is really enjoying Spurs and has a good group of players there but at his age this is his best chance of coaching England.

If the money is right and they want Him badly enough I reckon Harry will take the top job but definitely won't leave Spurs until the season ends. I don't believe England has the talent and he'll soon suffer the same pressure/criticism like all the previous Managers.

John, What's your view?

Pathetic that Spurs could only manage a replay against Stevenage. Hope they win the derby and Gallas plays.

I would like to see Stuart Pearce given a chance to manage the team until after the euros.

I also can't see Harry leaving Spurs till the end of the season. Harry is definitely the peoples choice but so was Kevin Keegan!

Kinda hope he stays at spurs as they are a great team to watch when on form.

Spurs were terrible against Arsenal (in the second half). The Arsenal players were sprinting around the pitch while spurs were just jogging.

Worst defending I've seen since Chelsea lost to them 5-3. (remember the Terry slip/dive).

Hope you do better against Man Utd at the weekend.

I'm pissed they went from 2 up but that is Spurs to a tee, on paper I think we were superior. Wenger would be by far a better managerial choice for England.

I remember Terry slipping over, it was a shocker. Chelsea defence hasn't been the same since Carvalho left and he could have helped Luiz positionally where Terry hasn't seemed to.

I can't remember when Spurs last bet Man U, the loss may be an extra motivator but I wouldn't bet on them. Last year we drew and they had 10 men, it was pathetic. If we lose again we'll struggle mentally to stay in the top 4.

I think AVB will go and I reckon Mourinho will return to Chelsea next year although if Man City don't win the league he might go there.

Don't know much about the pedigree of Pearce, what about Curbishley as a dark horse for the Euro's as a start?

A draw would be good for us, no Bale or Parker either. Liverpool v Arsenal will be interesting.

AVB gone. Next please!

Mourinho could be back next year, stay for 2 and get another payout from Abramovich.

As expected we lost to Man U. Would really like to see Harry go to England and Spurs get Moyes. In fact if I was England or Chelsea I'd want Moyes.

7:26 FULL TIME: EVERTON 1-0 TOTTENHAM

fb_share2.png

Saturday March 10, 2012 7:26

7:27 There it is! Another big scalp claimed at Goodison Park, as the Blues consign Tottenham to their third straight league defeat.

That is all :D

Happy Everton fan!

I wouldn't call Spurs a big club.compared with Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man U and Man City. Laugh now until one of the big clubs get Moyes, see how you do then! :P

Haha! Yes, gotta enjoy it while it lasts. I remember the relegation battles only too well...

Mark, What happened to the boys v Stevie G?

Hope Muamba pulls through and recovers.

So sad to see someone (especially a professional sportsman) suddenly be struck down with a heart problem.

Best place for it to happen though with the medical staff and a defibrillator handy.

One of the Barcelona players needs a liver transplant.

Mark, What happened to the boys v Stevie G?

Minor setback! No need to rub it in!!

Also got to replay at sunderland in the cup..oh dear..

A nice 1-1 draw between Chelsea and Tottenham would be just fine for us, cement that 3rd spot.

Wasn't impressed with West Ham fans last week, glad they lost.

Shame they didn't lose this weekend :(

Looking for top 4 this year and believe Paulinho was a great buy. Will definitely need 2 decent strikers, another winger and getting rid of the dead wood to get anywhere near this though.

Will be interesting with other teams strengthening as well and expect Chelsea and Man U to fight for the title with the other 4 fighting for 3rd and 4th.

Great start losing 3-1 in a friendly with Vertongen getting injured and where's the new strikers we desperately need? I'm hoping we get Fred from Brazil.

Pre season Predictions

Champions League = Chelsea

La Liga = Barcelona

Serie A = Napoli

EPL Top 4; Chelsea, Man City, Man U, Spurs (Unless Arsenal spend some serious money soon) 

EPL Relegation; Cardiff, Hull, Crystal Palace (no particular order)

Transfers; Bale to Real Madrid? Suarez to Arsenal? Rooney to Chelsea? I reckon Bale is the riskiest buy and the only one that will occur.

Yes I will play along

Champions League = Barcelona 

La Liga = Real Madrid (if they land Bale)

Serie A = Juventus. 

EPL

1. Chelsea
  2. Arsenal
  3. Liverpool
  4. Man United
  5. Man City
  6. Fulham (Spurs if they keep Bale)

I reckon a london 1-2 this year, Arsenal to start slightly stronger but be playing catch up to Chelsea from the start. Man United never to quite get flowing with Moyes at the helm, but that will come once he puts his stamp on the team..I fancy liverpool to be a bit more consistent this year, and Man City to have some great wins but some unexplainable losses too. 

EPL Relegation

Crystal Palace

Norwich
Sunderland

Transfers...I think Rooney will happen, Suarez will not and Bale is on the flip of a coin. 

Neil it will be interesting to see our different fantasy teams. Fulham is an interesting choice, I prefer Swansea as a dark horse, Laudrup is going places and we'll see him at a top club soon. Are you an Arsenal or Liverpool fan. Arsenal need to spend some money, Wenger seems such a scrooge buying bargains.

Bloody Bale, cunning Real Madrid are now talking down their interest, sell him Levy.