Sign in to follow this  
Ivanhoe

Football/soccer Talk

Any other Spurs fans here that want to talk about them?

Harry's done well but if he gets the England job I'd like to see David Moyes as the next Manager.

Hands off David Moyes!! He's the only one keeping Everton in the Premier League...

I'm not a Spurs fan by the way. How's Stevie Pienaar working out for you?

Any other Spurs fans here that want to talk about them?

No.

Hands off David Moyes!! He's the only one keeping Everton in the Premier League...

I'm not a Spurs fan by the way. How's Stevie Pienaar working out for you?

I totally agree, imagine what he'd do with the money Spurs have. As for Pienaar I never understood why we got him in the first place. Arteta, Rodwell and Cahill would have been great. Thanks for reminding me! Do you want him back?

Pienaar looked good at Everton and fitted into the team perfectly. He was a techinically gifted big fish in a small pond. Now he's in an expensively built team with many more options in his position he seems to be rarely used. Being short is not going to help his chances!

Not sure if I'd want him back but our results this season suggest that we need something to happen...

We have already lost Arteta too. Cahill hasn't scored for almost a year and Rodwell is playing the odd game in between injuries while Chelsea and United appearently circle, planning to bid for him.

It's all going well.

I see Spurs drew at Swansea recently. Tough game there. Most teams' seasons have ups and downs, so I'm wondering if Spurs will hit a tricky patch soon.

Swansea were by far the better side, we were lucky to draw, 3rd is the best we can hope for.

I'm glad that Man U and Chelsea both lost. Hope AVB stays!

Meh, Spurs!

I was born and raised in Tottenham, ended up supporting Liverpool! lol

Meh, Spurs!

I was born and raised in Tottenham, ended up supporting Liverpool! lol

What made you choose Liverpool? I suppose it was because they had the best team! I followed Spurs because we got 1hour a week of football on tv in NZ back then and Ardilles/Villa were playing for them.

Liverpool seem so cocky even though the team isn't great at the moment. Interesting to see the response to the Suarez issue, I'd never seen Evra so incensed. Wonder how the John Terry issue will end up.

Feel free to make this a Premier League or Football thread as I appear to be the only Spurs fan here. Any Goons?

Do we know when the Terry hearing is? I imagine he's got away with absolute murder over the years, so will be interesting to see if this one sticks.

Do we know when the Terry hearing is? I imagine he's got away with absolute murder over the years, so will be interesting to see if this one sticks.

First of Feb Terry faces a court hearing with a trial date still to be set. Max fine is

£2,500.

Suarez was banned for eight matches and fined £40,000 by the FA for his behaviour the week before.

Terry earns £150,000 per week and can still play so is far better off

I was thinking more along the lines of how much it's utter fucking disgrace that the England captain may or may not be found guilty for racist conduct (or whatever it is). Just about sums up the England squad for me.

Demon, Lets hope Chelsea don't finish fourth! I'm annoyed with the FA inconsistencies when you compare Terry and Suarez and now Kompany with Johnston.

Spurs still going well. Hope they sign Samba and Ganso then we could really push the Manchester clubs. 3rd would be good for us though.

As for Casillas and Rooney being selected in the 2011 World 11, I think they are both overrated.

Casillas

Alves – Pique – Vidic – Ramos

Xavi – Xabi Alonso – Iniesta

C. Ronaldo – Rooney – Messi

You were lucky against Everton last night. Lucky you were playing such a poor team, that is :(

I'm an Arsenal fan, haha, but I've never really hated Tottenham per se. I've always thought that they're a decent team, fun to play against.

Demon, Lets hope Chelsea don't finish fourth!

I follow West Ham so it's all moot for me at the end of the day ;)

What I really hope we don't start seeing is a repeat of Friday night with Adeyemi - people coming out with racist shit just to get a rise.

Anyway, I'll let you get back to Spurs - I'm just venting.

Any football comments are welcome here.

I have van der Vaart, Adebayor and Assou Ekotto in my fantasy team but I support Chelsea in PL :)

I have van der Vaart, Adebayor and Assou Ekotto in my fantasy team but I support Chelsea in PL :)

Is your fantasy team going ok and is fantasy free? I don't know anything about it but my son wants to try it as it is advertised on the ESPN site.

Not so good as last few years and I think it has to do with me always forgetting to make changes in the team for the next gameweek :) We've set up a private league at work and the winner gets 100 euros. Funny thing is 4 of the first 5 places are taken by Americans :lol:

There are many sites where you can set up your fantasy team, I'm using this one http://fantasy.premierleague.com and it is free.

Thanks Inspect, I will check out the site.

Drew with Wolves, I'm hoping Wolves get relegated as the take too many points off Spurs. Think they beat us twice one year. :o

Lost to Man City as expected. Wish Balotelli had been sent off rather than the 4 week ban.

Yeah, 4 week ban will just help other teams, not spurs.

Not that I want spurs to do well being a Chelsea man myself. (No comments about Torres please).

Anyone following the Harry Redknapp trial?

I don't think it will change anyone's opinion of him either way

....Good manager...dodgy wheeler dealer bastard

Being a darling of the press will help him come out of this with decent spin

John, will Chelsea come third, fourth or fifth?

Stephen, I agree with you and expect he has covered himself adequately. Just waiting for the verdict.

I'm gonna say 4th spot for Chelsea.

If I'm being honest spurs have played better football than Chelsea so far this season so should finish 3rd.

Arsenal and liverpool are both inconsistent so they can fight out 5th place.

Of course I will be totally wrong come the end of the season.