Sign in to follow this  
nickinjapan

Gomad - Gallon Of Milk A Day

My personal favorite is trader joe's "lite" coconut milk, which is just coconut milk and water and nothing else, but I don't think they have that in the UK.

I would simply find the coconut milk variety that has ONLY coconut milk in it, with no filler. You might have to settle for something with a little guar gum in it. But find a good brand that doesn't have added garbage in it, and go with that. I'd probably prefer to err on the side of more coconut -- you can always add your own water later.

If you're doing "NOMAD" instead of "GOMAD" just figure out how much of your brand of coconut milk to use in order to hit your macros. Regular coconut milk could be twice as dense as "lite", so just use half as much and increase the water.

Ah, Kefir. This is what 99% of the former USSR population has grown up drinking. I miss it, a lot, even if my grandmother used to put 3 tsp of sugar in mine :)

From what I understand the benefit of GOMAD isn't just the calories in whole milk, but also the hormones in it, which is why there's not very much that is as effective.

From what I understand the benefit of GOMAD isn't just the calories in whole milk, but also the hormones in it, which is why there's not very much that is as effective.

There's no significant hormones found in milk that would accomplish such an effect.

Your own body produces more T and IGF and such due to increased cals and increased saturated fat, but that can easily be handled in the method I listed. Also, Kefir would contain all the same things milk does, except the lactose. It's just fermented milk.

Is it possible to find coconut milk in big bottles? Or are they just packaged in those little cans?

Congratulations on your success! I did GOMAD last year with great results-something like 25 lbs gained in 28 days, mostly muscle. I drank goat's milk instead of cow's because of digestion issues. The goat milk is much easier to digest than cow. I still got bloated and everything, but I was able to avoid the mud butt.

Is it possible to find coconut milk in big bottles? Or are they just packaged in those little cans?

I don't think so, but I know you can buy bulk can packages from amazon.

Congratulations on your success! I did GOMAD last year with great results-something like 25 lbs gained in 28 days, mostly muscle. I drank goat's milk instead of cow's because of digestion issues. The goat milk is much easier to digest than cow. I still got bloated and everything, but I was able to avoid the mud butt.

That's great Maslow! How many cals were you averaging each day?

I did GOMAD with some great results (went from around 175 to 195 in about 2 months, and gained a ton of strength along the way). Let's not split hairs here - the gallon works because it ensures that you are getting a massive amount of calories on a daily basis. Any effect that whole milk has over getting those carbs/proteins/fats from another source is probably negligible.

@Bluestreak--I was eating a little over 5,000 calories/day including the milk. If I recall the milk on its own was like 2600 calories.

Is there much difference nutritionally between coconut and almond milk or are they pretty smiliar?

Almond milk has almost no protien in it, so huge difference

yueh, i know, but Berin linked it, and the question wasn't answered before now, so what the hell, I answered it

• Upvote 1

Thank you so much for sharing the story! I wasn't aware of this plan as I always struggle with losing weight, not gaining it. But I do know many people in your former situation that would definitely benefit from knowing GOMAD (with its pros and cons ofc)

Thanks!