Sign in to follow this  
Kathy

What Has Strong Done For You?

Julia Ladewski from EFS and Girls Gone Strong (GGS) posted her answer on GGS' facebook page and she put into words exactly how I feel.

I love being strong... but not because I get "Wow, I'm impressed!" comments at the gym (Although those are nice.)

I love being strong... but not because of the way it makes me look (Although the body transformation that comes with it is awesome!)

I love being strong because of the sense of confidence it gives me... that I can do almost anything physically... that I can run, jump, and play when I want... I can conquer the toughest mental and emotional battles... I am empowered through the ability to do more than I ever thought I was capable of doing... I hold my head a little higher and I stand a little taller...

What has being strong done for you?? ~Julia

I just replaced a refrigerator today. 10 years ago, I had to use both hands and really killed myself to get the old one up the stairs. The new one is even bigger, but I could one-hand it without issue. Not sexy, but very useful.

I agree wholeheartedly to everything Julia said and I feel exactly the same. Everything physical has become much easier to do and I feel more confident and solid on my feet. I've come to think that strength is one of the most important if not the most important part to being physically fit. If you're strong you lift things easier, move faster and will be more explosive. You'll have stronger bones and ligaments which will make you less prone to injuries. The lifts we do teach us to move in a certain way as to prevent injury from everyday movements and be more efficient at what we do. I find the CNS sort of gets awakened and you feel more alert and sharp. It's become a part of my life and I think I get much more out of it than the little I put into it.

I like being stronger than most people I know. It also makes me faster and healthier than before.

What really motivates me is the feeling of accomplishment after a heavy training. It's relaxing afterwards.

During training I'm into the zone and nothing worries me anymore.

So it just makes me feel a lot better :D

I'm just chuckling to myself - Topic in the section "Strength Training for Women" and except for the OP, all men posting in here (including me :blink: )

I'm just chuckling to myself - Topic in the section "Strength Training for Women" and except for the OP, all men posting in here (including me :blink: )

LOL I didn't know that. I read the thread via the new content. Sorry ladies.