Sign in to follow this  
MathiahM

Tebow Mania!

Someone had to start it!

He can't throw very well, but he has super powers and is a very good person.... Oh and he's 5-1 and has 7 less turnovers than who he replaced and since he doesn't put the D in bad positions by throwing picks and fumbling he's helped the D a bit. (They've gotten better by being more healthy as well)

Let the war commence!

I think he stinks mechanically but you have to give it to him. The dude knows how to win and apparently gets everyone around him to believe. I still want to see what happens against other good teams as there is always the risk that he'll get thoroughly dominated (ala the Lions).

Someone had to start it!

He can't throw very well, but he has super powers and is a very good person.... Oh and he's 5-1 and has 7 less turnovers than who he replaced and since he doesn't put the D in bad positions by throwing picks and fumbling he's helped the D a bit. (They've gotten better by being more healthy as well)

Let the war commence!

I never paid much attention to him. For example, you said that he is "5-1" and I thought that you meant that he is five feet and one inch tall. If that were the case, he would be my favorite quarterback of all time. Sadly, it is not the case.

The thing that I don't understand about why people say he couldn't succeed long term is that a bad QB like Sanchez got to the AFC championship his first year (51% passing 12 TD's to 20 INT's) while the team played good D and they ran the ball all over the place. A fairly good QB now much better Big Ben had a horrible record when he threw over 20 times a game his first 4 seasons while having a very good record not throwing.

He has an advantage over both of them in that he can run and has an even bigger and stronger frame than Big Ben. So if he throws ~20~ times a game and completes 50% while throwing almost no picks, and being able to move the ball with his feet, why is he any worse than either of them were?

I wanna see what happens if he makes the playoffs, not because I think he's gonna light it up or because I think he's amazing, but because he is clutch, and because he isn't a very good passer he forces the team to play in an old school style run and control the clock style offense. It worked for the Jets as of recent, and the Steelers for all those years.

The really funny thing is that all the analysts are saying that it's the defense that's winning the games. While the defense has been great only giving up 20 points per game w/ Tebow starting. Before Tebow, they were giving up 28 ppg. He stinks as passer but he has some off the chart charisma and leadership skills that improves the entire team. I mean how else can you explain the improved defense when he took over the job?

The bottom line is that team went from a 1-4 start to a game back of first place. I'll take that over stats any day.

Time of possession and turnover ratio explain the defense playing better. When you go from 2+ turnovers a game and 26 minutes TOP the first 5 games to 2 turnovers in the next six games and 33 minutes TOP in that span your defense is better rested and is in a better position to succeed.

Like I said, because he isn't a good passer they're forced to run the ball and control the clock. It makes the defense better when they have to work for 7 minutes less a game.

• Upvote 1

He has an advantage over both of them in that he can run and has an even bigger and stronger frame than Big Ben.

tebow is an absolute freak of nature. he benches in the high 4s and vertical jumps around 38, I think both of those are all-time QB records.

It would be cool to see him hurdle someone!!! That would shame the player forever. It would also be an epic highlight.

The only reason I enjoy the Broncos winning is that I can send the message "YOU JUST GOT TEBONED!!" to any friend I have that's a fan of the team they just beat. Other than that, boring teams like the Broncos winning football games is horrible for the NFL in general.

YEAH BUDDY!!!

I was feeling like shit earlier today, now I feel fantastic. I love you Tim Tebow!

49210_o.gif

They need to just run the 5 minute offense the entire game, that's my takeaway from today. He was like "Oh, there's 4 minutes left, maybe I should start trying, oh and receivers, you can stop dropping the ball now."

As a long time Denver resident, all I can say regarding this whole phenomenon is that the obsession with Bronco football is at this point rather unwarrented.

I have to say that I didn't see anything spectacular about Tebow in last nights game. The Bears pretty much won that game for Denver by allowing Barber to continue playing after his moronic run out of bounds.

I have to say that I didn't see anything spectacular about Tebow in last nights game.

He's saving his magic for the super bowl. Also I disagree I thought he was great.

My favorite Tebow FB status - "Did Tebow steal Big Ben's mojo? Denver winning on Tebow's arm and Ben with 7 straight incompletions. I guess God doesn't like rapists."

LOL

Go Broncos!

Can't help but cheer for the broncos now. Although I think this is as far as they'll go. Entertaining game.

Can't help but cheer for the broncos now. Although I think this is as far as they'll go. Entertaining game.

My favorite Tebow FB status - "Did Tebow steal Big Ben's mojo? Denver winning on Tebow's arm and Ben with 7 straight incompletions. I guess God doesn't like rapists."

LOL

Go Broncos!

I saw something that was like "if Big Ben knew he was gonna get fucked by a virgin in Denver I don't think this is what he had in mind." LOL.

1,076 Americans were asked if they were aware of Tebow's successes in football.

756 said yes. Of those 756, 43% said they believed divine intervention had something to do with it. The margin of error was 3% - that's better than the margin of error used by institutions like Harvard to figure out the views and beliefs of countries.

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Brian Billick on ESPN the other night said Tebow needs to stop lifting so much if he wants to get better at throwing accurcy!