Sign in to follow this  
NeilPorter

Ok People - When Is The Best Time To Train?

OK People - when is the best time to train?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Lets get everyones opinions - When is the best workout time (and why it works for you)

• Morning (Before 12 Noon)
    • Afternoon (12-5pm)
    • Evening (5pm - midnight)

11am are my weekend workout. It's perfect. Right before lunch

(null)

Early bird here for a number of reasons. I do find that I can lift a bit more if I train after work though.

Early morning or late evening. Through necessity more than choice, need to fit it in around family stuff.

I feel like a have more energy in the afternoon than in the morning.

Lately I have been training in the "morning". After having a protein shake worth about 600 calories. I'm usually done before noon. It has been working well. I guess it's all just what you get used to.

I voted morning a while ago because that's what I've been doing, but I think evening is actually the best time for it.

Example. Today I went to maximum on snatch and clean and jerk, twice. Once in the morning, once in the evening. My evening session was better (+12kg difference in total)

I find that in the evening I am way looser, even when I dont have a prior session. Having early morning sessions has necessitated mobility work upon waking, but even that doesn't totally loosen me up for the workout.

Ideally I think I would want to have a short light session in the morning, do mobility work, and hit the main session in the evening.

I hate getting up early in the morning to train. I'm in the Army so I've been doing just that for many years though. I normally get up at 5 and then go run etc. Did I mention I also hate running? LOL. I'm sort of joking..

But I voted for evenings because when I work out for recreation that is when I like to do it. In my next assignment my work hours will be slightly different and I will actually get to do all my training in the late afternoon / early evening. So I finally get my wish.

Evening is the best time, if you are a natural. You stimulate the endocrine system to release the steroid hormones with the heavy compounds and let them do their work unaffected at night.

Aerobic work can be done in the morning.

very interesting Kakty3, and knowing you, you can back that with data lol

I'm not a morning person but I've had an odd twist of late where I like getting up early and working out. I like the solitude and feel a bit more rested. Then I feel like I've gotten a great start to the day.

I think the mental stress of the day beats me down enough that I don't feel quite as energized in the evening. Plus there are many more distractions and social commitments later in the day.

Before 12, due to the simple fact that the weight room is almost empty at that time, maybe one other person there, which is how I like it.