Sign in to follow this  
Guest ExperimentB76z

Which Belt Do You Use

Guest ExperimentB76z

Thinking of buying a belt. I've got my eye on a 4 inch thick suede belt from Pullum Sports, but it costs £60.

Just wondering if there were any viable alternatives that people have tried and tested and would recommend?

I saw that one but ended buying an Inzer forever belt from houseofpain.com from the USA.

Got charged a customs fee too but was worth it as its a very solid belt

I went cheapo, and bought this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370341455742?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I've had it about 5 weeks now, it was a bit tough to start with, but I think they all are. It's done a great job of helping me keep tight at the bottom of the squat. Highly recommended.

I've got a inzer knockoff.

10mm thick & 100mm wide.

Took some work breaking in but i can see it lasting me for a long while if i add a few more holes to it.

I bought the British-made Zulu Defcon Evolution 2 Powerlifting belt a few months ago. Very good quality manufacture, fully IPF compliant, single prong buckle. Didn't require any breaking in, tbh. I think it's great value for 48 quid (well, plus delivery charges).

evolution2-b-005-copy.jpg

• Upvote 2

My training partner VJ has the above belt - and it is good, but I don't think its £38 better than the one I bought

http://www.discount-supplements.co.uk/training-accessories-training-belts-gloves-nsc-neoprene-belt-6inch

I love this because the velcro fastener that means it can get as tight as possible, not just to the nearest buckle that fits. Well recommended and seems solid to me - at 15cm width as well gives a huge amount of support...plus it takes 20kg hanging off it from a chain no problems....

I also have the Zulu but with a quick release buckle, seems like it's sold out now though

zulu2010royal-005-copy.jpg

• Upvote 1

I can't say enough good things about my Inzer 10mm Forever single prong belt. It's a dream come true.

Guest ExperimentB76z

Who'd a thunk there would be so many shiny belts to chose from. At the moment the Zulu is winning because it's available to buy in the UK (but it's sold out!). Really struggling to find anywhere to buy inzer or go metal in the UK.

I've got a custom one from Dean at Best Belts (website is offline for a few weeks), really the best. There is a thread on Starting Strength with many satisfied customers

Inzer single prong forever belt. I purchased it directly from Inzer and it was sixty-five dollars plus shipping.

I've got a custom one from Dean at Best Belts (website is offline for a few weeks), really the best. There is a thread on Starting Strength with many satisfied customers

Yeah, I've been following the thread on Starting Strength. Looks like he has been providing belts for years with loads of satisfied customers. I'm going to try and get a 3 inch belt from him for pulling.

How does that buckle work on the Zulu belt? The notch for the finger seems like it would be a nice touch.

Guest ExperimentB76z

How does that buckle work on the Zulu belt? The notch for the finger seems like it would be a nice touch.

It is. I didn't realise what the notch was for at first, and then... ah, ok. It's a nice, not that I have much reference (and very reasonable compared to pretty much everything else on the market). Good service on delivery too. And comfy, but firm.

I'm looking at the Inzer belt and wondering, what's the difference (other than price) between a 13mm belt and a 10mm?

Smart aleck response: about 3mm. <_<

From what I've read, the extra thickness makes the belt tougher to break in, but purportedly better stability. As to what's ideal, I haven't a clue. I'm adding one of them to my Christmas list.

Go with the 10mm. It's plenty thick and will give you bruises for the first few months. I stomped mine, rolled it tight forward and backward, pinched it all over, wrapped it around bars, etc etc to break it in and it still bruises me sometimes a year later. I can't imagine how tough it must be to break in the 13mm.

Smart aleck response: about 3mm. <_<

I sets 'em up, he knocks 'em down.

Chaps, this is what I went with in the end...

Did you get that shipped from in the UK? If so... what site did you use?

Cheers

Guest ExperimentB76z

Did you get that shipped from in the UK? If so... what site did you use?

Cheers

Indeed I did - it is British made. Just scroll down this page and chose your weapon.