Sign in to follow this  
MarcioTheGreat

U F C

pretty confident that overeem will merc JDS! Hopefully it happens soon, doesn't really seem like AO took much damage.

Diaz was impressive, we all found it pretty hilarious when he flipped cerrone off to start round 3!

It was a relief that Jon 'bathroom break' Fitch got KO'd, seriously he puts on the most boring 'grind you out for every round' fights of all time. I bet Dana was happy to since he won't be anywhere near a title shot in 2012.

So funny that you called Fitch 'bathrom break'. I was actually pissing when I heard Rogan going mental over the KO. Had to cut short to run back in to see the replay.

That's funny, but I honestly feel bad for Fitch. I'm not a fan of his style but he definitely put in the work for a title shot and got passed over in favor of inferior fighters with more exciting styles. Then he comes back from injury only to get KO'd right out of title contention possibly for good.

yeah I honestly rooted for him for a while since he was from Indiana to, but man zero excitement makes it hard to. Anyway on Inside MMA yesterday they said DIaz landed 82% of his strikes on Cerrone! Thats nuts, said it was a record for the compustrike system they use

Yeah the Diaz brothers both have accuracy and volume when it comes to strikes. I'm not always a fan of the attitude but they put on good fights almost without fail. I really thought Cerrone would be able to disrupt Diaz' timing but he mostly just blocked jabs with his face. I would really like to see a Diaz match with Lauzon/Pettis. Pettis in particular would be nice to see, but I really can't imagine him doing well against a big smothering wrestle with decent defensive BJJ. I can't see him beating someone like Bendo (who I think will soon be the champ).

Nate v Lauzon would indeed be awesome. Could happen I guess, both guys on the up.

bendo is crazy, did you guys ever see his first fight against cerrone in the WEC? It was insane, he must of survived like 10 submission attempts that I thought Cerrone had locked in. It was like he was made of rubber haha

Yeah the guy is basically made of rubber and cannot be submitted that's why someone like Diaz can't beat him. Too diverse a striking game, too good a wrestler and very good at avoiding being submitted from the guard. So basically the antidote to all of Diaz' strengths.Oh and the Edgar fight will be great but I think Bendo takes the belt.

I think edgar wins, i met him once nice guy. He just does everything perfectly, and the way he managed to beat manyard after taking all that punishment (a guy who should be 2-3 weight classes above him - edgar should really be featherweight while manyard should be at least welterweight) is unbelievable.

I don't see anyone at lightweight beating him right now, even though its a pretty stacked division. I'd like to see Edgar move down to featherweight, as he walks around at 155 anyway so it wouldn't be much of a cut. I think he is the one guy who can take aldo.

Yeah Edgar could easily move down a weight, but he'll only do that if he loses the belt or cleans out the division.

Would love to see Edgar v Aldo

Gonna stick my neck on the line again here (a la Brock)....I think Benson will beat Edgar.

Just heard that Bigfoot Silva is making his UFC debut in April.....against Cain. Wow! What a fight!

And...looks like Jones v Hendo in March. Maybe a test for Bones finally. Maybe.

I think it's a really good match up of styles for hendo. Never been knocked out and fought anyone whos anyone at 3 different weight classes (fought much bigger guys than jones). Also he likes to close the distance and grind his opponent down a bit, and I don't see jones taking many H bombs, his chin looked a little bit suspect vs machida and 'page, but nobody has really been able to land flush enough shots to really test it. I think Hendo is definately the guy to do this. If Jones beats Hendo then I have absoloutly no idea who (if anyone) can beat Jones at LHW right now, I'm still not quite believing the Jones hype yet, but if he manages to beat Hendo, i'll be convinced.

I also think cain beats bigfoot. Cormier vs cain would be a very good fight, they're both very similar fighters, similar sizes, both with very good wrestling ability and able to throw a punch.

Even though he's kinda a douche i'm looking forward to seeing barnett in the UFC (let's face it as soon as the GP's over cormier and barnett will be in the UFC). I think he's very underrated, and has the potential to stir the heavyweight division up a lil bit.

you guys see cyborg tested positive? I can't honestly say I'm surprised... She could probably take on most dudes in her weight class

you guys see cyborg tested positive? I can't honestly say I'm surprised... She could probably take on most dudes in her weight class

Hmm I dont see her doing very well against jose aldo :P

But yeh, can't say i'm surprised. I'm not really a fan of womens MMA though (just a fan of gina carano :P)

idk man shes pretty beast haha

who you guys got this weekend? card is kind of meh but I'll probably take aldo via ko and johnson via decision (lay and pray)

I'm gonna go out there and go for Mendes for the main event. I can see his wrestling neutralising Aldo.

Overall picks

Mendes

Belfort

Palhares

Silva

Etim

Wont talk much about the prelim cards, but i think Mike Kyle wins his bout.

I think Aldo will viciously beat the crap out of him and force a stoppage.

...apart from that I agree with your picks.

Rumble v Belfort could be interesting tho

Haha well you gotta call the upset every so often, and I think Mendes has a good chance of pulling it off :)

I think rumble will be out of his league fighting vitor.

I think Aldo will viciously beat the crap out of him and force a stoppage.

Well said.

I think you guys will be surprised by Mendes. He'll put up a fight.

Definitely! We'll have to see how much Aldo learned from training with Maynard. Mendes is a suffocating wrestler and Aldo hasn't seen anything like that before. Should be a good scrap.

"Dana just announced on @FUELTV - Rumble can't make MIDDLEWEIGHT - Vitor says he'll still fight him IF AJ's not more than 205 tomorrow

Weigh-ins going live right now on MMAWeekly.com"

What a douche, he weighed in at 197lbs. Did he even try? So unprofessional especially since Vitor made weight. I mean he's just moved up from 170 lol what is wrong with him