Sign in to follow this  
MarcioTheGreat

U F C

The power of JDS was scary last night, great victory.

The Bendo/Guida fight was great

anyone watch it?

Steve, we've agreed to wrap spoiler tags around spoilers in this topic :P

And yeh i saw it, read my post above for my analysis ;)

apologies...fixed it

It was a great fight.

I was equally impressed with the grace and dignity the loser expressed; first apologizing to the fans, second recognizing Dos Santos' skill, and third the promise to train better for next time.

All in all a good fight. All 1:30 of it

The only thing I didn't like is all this buildup for over half an hour.

Yeh i dunno what that's about.. It's not normally like that...

Watch any of those fights i've listed on mmalinker.com and you will love MMA as much as the rest of us MMA nuts :P

Yeh I think that was just because it was the 1st UFC on Fox. As I mentioned earlier, there was always gonna be a lot of hoopla surrounding the event. Normally the analysis is kept to a minimum and its fight after fight. For me, that's another big advantage that MMA holds ove boxing. When you get into the sport, almost every fight on the card has meaning or importance. Not like boxing where basically its all about the main event.

I have no idea how to use those spoiler tags so I'll keep my comments on last night until later. Needless to say that Berin I agree with your comments about Velasquez totally....the epitome of what a champion should be.

Oh, and Wand, what a fucking list man! I'm gonna go back & rewatch some of those myself! And I didn't know about mmalinker so cheers for that also.

About the spoiler tags... (you'll have to remove the spaces I put in so you can see the format):

[ spoiler ] content goes here [ / spoiler ]

If you make your post like like that (minus the spaces) you'll see the spoiler block hide your content.

Micheal Bisping vs Dan Henderson

My favorite one of ALL TIME!!

Thanks for using the spoilers, guys...very kind! But...I watched it tonight.

Very happy with the outcome, especially since Lesnar will now have to face JDS if he gets past Overeem. Boy did he want that rematch. Too bad, Brock...ha!

I'm a huge UFC fan! Fairly certain Overeem will kick the living shit out of Lesnar, we saw what happened to Lesnar when he got punched in the face a few times by Velasques. Overeem will get a title if/when he beats Lesnar. If he eventually gets the Heavyweight title he'll be K1, Pride, Strikeforce and UFC heavyweight champ right? That's pretty sick.

And about GSP only using wrestling these days, did you guys see his fight against Josh Koscheck? He used his jab in a way that has probably never been seen in MMA before. I think he mainly adapts to his opponents, uses their weaknesses more then his own strengths, which makes him awesome in my eyes. He gets away with minimal damage and could probably fight the next day after most of his fights.

Yep, you're exactly right about the Koscheck fight. Jabbed him so badly Kos couldn't even run for about 6 months after that fight due to the nerve damage from getting his face smashed so badly. There is no doubt that the word 'awesome' applies to GSP. He is an awesome martial artist and the most awesome of game planners. However, I used to be his biggest fan and now to be honest his style just bores me. I stand by the point that he fights not to lose and to win on points. Finishing a fight is almost unheard of any more. I would rather watch Diaz fight any day of the week now. Its a shame because early GSP was extremely exciting to watch. There's no doubt that he changed after the Serra KO.

I don't necessarily blame him for fighting this way. He keeps winning and is building a legacy and protecting his $5m fight payouts. Good for him. He will also probably beat Diaz and then go on to be the GOAT if not one of them. He is already really. In fact, I hope he reads criticism like this and it puts a fire in his belly and he comes out and starts finishing people again. I'm here ready and waiting to be won over again as I'm sure many of his former fans are. Maybe the little bit of emotion he has towards Diaz will light that fire.....we'll find out very soon.

I'm a huge UFC fan! Fairly certain Overeem will kick the living shit out of Lesnar, we saw what happened to Lesnar when he got punched in the face a few times by Velasques. Overeem will get a title if/when he beats Lesnar. If he eventually gets the Heavyweight title he'll be K1, Pride, Strikeforce and UFC heavyweight champ right? That's pretty sick.

And about GSP only using wrestling these days, did you guys see his fight against Josh Koscheck? He used his jab in a way that has probably never been seen in MMA before. I think he mainly adapts to his opponents, uses their weaknesses more then his own strengths, which makes him awesome in my eyes. He gets away with minimal damage and could probably fight the next day after most of his fights.

Pretty sure he never held the Pride heavyweight championship, I don't recall him ever fighting at heavyweight in pride.

FIGHT OF THE YEAR! Holy crap! 5 rounds of total war! Man what a great card

henderson!! what a fucking badass! He couldn't even stand during the post fight interview. Massive respect to Rua to though, I think thats easily the best fight of the year, and contender for best fight of all time fo sho! Also Le's nose was totally disgusting, it was basically flat! Faber looked great as well

Agree with everything you said! Nobody lost that main event in my eyes...awesome fight and two of the toughest SOBs on the planet!

well mayhem looked awful! Damn homie you got some loot, find youself a boxing coach!!!

Who you guys got this weekend? I hope Nog kills Mir, Jones over Machida, and lil nog over tito!

I don't think Big-Nog will stand a chance against Mir tbh, Mir is kinda big these days and I think that'll make the difference when they trade and go to the ground... Bones will take Machida down if he's smart, Craig Jackson's game plan so I'm pretty sure that's what they will do. Unless they want to prove something, which I think might be stupid against the likes of Machida... Hope Tito wins, many consider him a douche but I like he's style, all that Nogueira respect crap kinda pisses me off :P

I'm gonna have to watch some of these fights, the shit they show on TV is totaly boring, uninspiring, I wanna look at some of the guys that actualy know thier shit

One of the best events in a long time! It was very very exciting!

I've seen every main card fight since a couple of years back, but I've never witnessed anything as sick as the sub Mir pulled on Big Nog... Holy shit it was disgusting, and really really good by Mir to pull that off after he was almost out after Nog's punches. Machida looked good too, he was winning every trade in the first round. Dirty boxing/clinch by Jones was good as expected, nice submission to finish the evening :)

Mir's submission was the best and worst thing I've ever seen ;)

Johhny bones is a great fighter, but I thought he dropped a clearly unconscious Machida like a sack of potatoes... not cool. What did you guys think?

Wow, there were some epic fights :blink:

I don't get to see much of the UFC stuff but I do try to watch Michael Bisping whenever I hear about him being on free TV. Being the only English fighter I have heard of I always want him to win. I gather that he isn't so popular in the states though. His attitude before the fight against the opposing coach recently wasn't going to endear him to the public!

I don't get to see much of the UFC stuff but I do try to watch Michael Bisping whenever I hear about him being on free TV. Being the only English fighter I have heard of I always want him to win. I gather that he isn't so popular in the states though. His attitude before the fight against the opposing coach recently wasn't going to endear him to the public!

Yes, the UFC show depicted Bisping as someone with very little class.