Sign in to follow this  
RyanSmith

Can You Eat Too Much Meat?

ah good old food myths , fish oil and fish in general , good for your brain , helps with intelligence etc etc , thats why all Eskimos are astro physics degree holders and the maasai tribes men are thick as sh1T , no fish in their diet you see !!

I hope you're also eating some of those epic eggs you guys have in Oz. I lived in Sydney for 6 months and recall the eggs having bright, orange yolks. Every one I had was better than the best store-bought egg I've ever had here in the US.

FWIW, you may want to look around and see if you can find some locally-raised farm eggs. I try and get my eggs produced locally, and I've found a couple places where the egg yolks are that nice bright sunshine-y orange color and they taste fasntastic. You won't find anything like that in a store, at least not that I've found.

FWIW, you may want to look around and see if you can find some locally-raised farm eggs. I try and get my eggs produced locally, and I've found a couple places where the egg yolks are that nice bright sunshine-y orange color and they taste fasntastic. You won't find anything like that in a store, at least not that I've found.

Yep, great advice. That's the only way I've been able to get such good eggs in the US.

http://www.eatwild.org can help you find a good source of pastured eggs from local farms. I get good ones when I can, but most of the time I buy store bought for price and convenience.

For me the question isn't can I eat too much meat, the question is, will I be able to eat as much meat as I should?

I think you're missing the concern about mercury in that much tuna.

First, let me say that I'm a near-vegetarian myself.

But it remains a fact that there were many aboriginal cultures that did well on a diet of practically 100% animal-based foods with virtually no plant foods. There are no known traditional cultures that were vegan.

So, I would say that it is perfectly possible to eat almost nothing but meat and be healthy. But, based on the experience of the cultures that live that way, it seems the trick is that you have to eat the whole animal, and it needs to be mostly raw.

it seems the trick is that you have to eat the whole animal, and it needs to be mostly raw.

Yet another reason to consider hunting if possible. If you kill the animal yourself, you get the whole animal to yourself to enjoy.