Sign in to follow this  
FerrousMaverick

Recommended Reading List

Seriously, I think we've all seen what comes from reading Napoleon Hill...

Yeah he got me into pop psychology bullshit a while back and everyone around me was getting pissed off at me lol. I wouldn't recommend it.

strength muscle and power by Brooks Kubirk along the same lines as dinosaur training,

Purposeful Primative by Marty Gallerger, tons of info on old school lifters like Coan, anderson etc and big sections on lifting cardio nutrition and mental training

stronger minds stronger bodies by Randall strossen and the sequel how to succeed in the gym and out a collection of articles from milo on mental training.

Complete keys to progress by john macullum more for bodybuilding but some good all round advise.

Beyond bodybuilding by pavel already mentioned

I was going to start a new thread on recommended reading but come across this whilst searching.

Its a few years old so has anyone got anything to add to the previous posts?

I was looking to buy them (if relevant) in kindle format and looking to start with practical programming third edition.

Any other new recommendations?

I definitely recommend reading this one: http://www.amazon.com/Muscular-System-Human-Body-Systems/dp/0313324034

Goes into the muscle contraction process as well as response to different kind of training, healing from injury etc in cellular level and other stuff like brief history of muscular system research.

Another thing I recommend is picking up a med school endocrinology book and reading through that. Would recommend a specific book, except the one I read was in Finnish so that probably isn't very useful to most of the members here. :P

link no worky

Weird. Should work now.

In any case the book's The Muscular System (Human Body Systems) by Amy Adams

ISBN-10: 0313324034

The Strongest Shall Survive: Strength Training For Football by Bill Starr.