Sign in to follow this  
steelcutoats

Detroit Lions

For those of you don't know who they are, they are an American Football team.

And if you do know who they are, your eyes do not deceive you, and yes, this is the first sign of the end of days.

I'm pretty sure the Lions have never been this good in my entire lifetime.

As a native Michigander, it definitely feels good to see them doing well. I can only hope the trend lasts. If so, the Lions-Packers Thanksgiving game will be epic!

(Well, epic for a Lions game.)

Frotabaga --

I don't think the Lions have been this good in my lifetime, and I'm 37.

Too bad they drew the Packers for the Thanksgiving game... I was kind of hoping they might win the T-day game for once. Well, they might, but then that really would be the end of the world.

It will be the end of day when the Bills and the Lions meet in the SuperBowl...

Cats and dogs sleeping together and all that good stuff!

I'm from Chicago but I'm half glad that the Bears are sucking it up because that's the only way we're going to be able to get rid of much of the staff we need to get rid of. If they keep doing well nobody's going to get fired and we desperately need some ass canning in Chicago.

Lions fan, and I'm glad they finally don't suck. :)

I think they can beat the packers, they did last year and they're much better this year so in the very least it'll be really fun to watch. :)

Gotta say, it'll be great just to look forward to the Thanksgiving day game.

It's been so bad... last year my brother was on the phone calling people "turn on the game! the Lions are putting up a fight!!!".

Not much of a Cowboys fan (I can't stand Jerry Jones), and I started rooting for the Lions ever since their 0-16 season. Not too mention drafting Stafford in the 10th round of a FF keeper league!

That being said, I was listening to the MNF game on the radio last night and all those penalties are gonna kill them against the upper echelon teams. They may make the playoffs but I think they need another year before they're ready for the big show. Not a fan of Jahvid Best either. He seems to be really feast or famine and his injury history is definitely problematic.

That being said, I was listening to the MNF game on the radio last night and all those penalties are gonna kill them against the upper echelon teams. They may make the playoffs but I think they need another year before they're ready for the big show. Not a fan of Jahvid Best either. He seems to be really feast or famine and his injury history is definitely problematic.

The game against Chicago was riddled with penalties on both sides. Do the Lions always get so many penalties or was it just that game. I don't actually follow the lions so I don't know.

They get a lot of roughing the passer type calls. I think they need to reign in some of that emotion they have and put it to better use but then again it could just be the reputation they have and the refs won't give them the benefit of the doubt.

Just looked it up...they're 3rd in the league in total penalty yards but t-14th for total flags thrown

Eagles fan here...don't want to talk about it.

What what was that? Winning streak stopped hard by San Francisco... I have to give props to the Lions though, they are doing much better than my Bears are right now.

Bad weekend for Detroit teams. Damn.

They lost close to another team that's now 5-1, It's like when the patriots would play the colts every year and whichever team lost still ended up 14-2. I'm glad the lions lost to a good team so that they don't get too cocky. It's hard to coach an undefeated team after-all, ask Belichick :) 5-1 ain't bad. They'll win on sunday and all will be forgotten.

Side note: I'm sure there were some poor Detroit natives thinking, "OH NO WE SUCK AGAIN!!!!"

Side note: I'm sure there were some poor Detroit natives thinking, "OH NO WE SUCK AGAIN!!!!"

...that would be me.

The lions stop their skid by ripping the broncos legs off and beating them with it. Panicking can cease for now. :)

Lions inch closer to elusive winning season....

Winning season? Winning the superbowl! :)

... all those penalties are gonna kill them against the upper echelon teams...

Scott wins the IS sports forecasting award for that one....

Ha, just got lucky they never fixed the problem. The funny thing is Jim Schwartz acts like one of those insane coaches who won't put up with any guff but I guess he only acts like that to the refs and opposing teams, not his own players.

First winning season of the new millenium... I will now entertain playoff speculation.

Whata comeback. Thanks to that last drive by Stafford and Megatron, I made it to the finals in my FF league.