Sign in to follow this  
klimmilksq

Ex-Sl Members List

Welcome to IS Beasty. Glad you found your way over here Jim Slade, I enjoyed following your log.

• Upvote 1

Nice to see you made it over finally Jim. Did you ever get that gym up and running mate?

I missed you guys too.

I'm up to pretty much the same stuff though.

Welcome aboard Jim, nice to see you here.

Nice one - welcome to all the new guys. Good to see you found us Jim!

Big Jim! Awesome to have you here big man.

Was this forum created by an Ex-SL member? Or is this just somewhere everyone happened to join?

Created by Mike, who was on the SL Facebook page waiting for the SL forum to open up I believe. Then he took matters into his own hands... I don't know how all the SL refugees found this place so quickly after the big purge though.

I've just watched Mehdi's free video on how to squat. I've never heard his voice before. He should speak slowly when he explains things. It's hard to get what he's saying.

Created by Mike, who was on the SL Facebook page waiting for the SL forum to open up I believe. Then he took matters into his own hands... I don't know how all the SL refugees found this place so quickly after the big purge though.

i was actually looking for Mouse's protein bar recipe. I'd not heard of the hoo-haa with SL, I just assumed I'd been banned, I ended up on Rip's site and noticed the directions over here and joined up. i got the recipe too!

I found it here by trying to find out more info on all the marketing emails from Mehdi. I started SL after he had already made the site closed except for gold members.

I was directly approached by mike after expressing dissatisfaction with the purge, and I'm glad I was

and welcome newcomers to IS

Yeah - I only found out about it when Mouse quit as a mod in SL and came over here. I'd not spent any time on the facebook site (mostly I just use that for posting drunken jibberish anyway) so didn't know there was another tranche of SL wannabe members waiting in the wings. It's good to know that the internet is so efficient, and that anyone wanting to find info can do so if they try hard enough.

I've just watched Mehdi's free video on how to squat. I've never heard his voice before. He should speak slowly when he explains things. It's hard to get what he's saying.

I took a quick look at it but didn't quite finish, it seems like his instruction was "hit parallel all the time" over and over and over. Did he ever get around to explaining foot position, bar position, breaking at the hips and knees, knee position, breathing, or anything useful?

I took a quick look at it but didn't quite finish, it seems like his instruction was "hit parallel all the time" over and over and over. Did he ever get around to explaining foot position, bar position, breaking at the hips and knees, knee position, breathing, or anything useful?

Of all the squatting videos I've watched over the last few weeks, his is near least usefull. Very repetitive and lacking in the detail you mention.

And he needs to calm down with that feckin electronic squiggly pen thing.

No mate. He just repeats that you should squat to parallel. I was expecting something more than that.

Looks like the StrongLifts.com Facebook page is up again.

Looks like the StrongLifts.com Facebook page is up again.

Yeah, his last big update a while back was, "Who needs abs? They're under there somewhere, but I'd rather be strong!"

Now it's, "Look at me, I have abs!"

Oh, and by the way, he kept all the "likes" from before. It's amazing how that page shows up with 19,000+ likes already. I removed my "like" because, well, I don't like it anymore.

Looking at https://www.facebook.com/stronglifts/likes

you see he had 0 new likes from March 18 to April 14, yet he has over 19,990 likes right now. Just goes to show, the page didn't truly get deleted. But it was made ultra private for a while.

I guess Facebook allows you to put things up and down according to your own whims. I never went on and liked it in the first place.

Oh, and by the way, he kept all the "likes" from before. It's amazing how that page shows up with 19,000+ likes already. I removed my "like" because, well, I don't like it anymore.

Looking at https://www.facebook...ronglifts/likes

you see he had 0 new likes from March 18 to April 14, yet he has over 19,990 likes right now. Just goes to show, the page didn't truly get deleted. But it was made ultra private for a while.

I think he just deactivated the page. When you activate the page again your fans or friend lists remains the same.

He's also deleted all the old videos and pics from various group members.

Hello all, I just happened to find this site by accident today and noticed a bunch of ex-SL members so I decided to join. Anyway, I was originally "Dada" on SL. Lots has happend over the months, fast forward to today, I just re-started 5-3-1 this week.

Hi and welcome to IS sculli.

Techno Viking is here!