Sign in to follow this  
MartinBrault

Crunches! Not Feeling The Burn, Help!

I've been adding Abdominal Crunches to my Workout regiments of late, and I must say I'm failing big time with it. I even watched some Videos on this subject, and still can get it right. I just can't understand why I can't feel the burn. I seem to be doing them right according to the Videos and examples, but 5 minutes after I do 4 sets of 10, I feel nothing. I am a big guy, can this have something to do with it? Can it be a range of motion issue do to my size? And if that be the case, can someone please offer me some Tips on getting a wonderful Abdominal Crunch exercise, considering my size issue? Thank You!

"The burn" may not be the right way to think about it.  When you are used to doing something, you need to vary it in some way to keep progressing.  A good way to do that is to slow it down.  For example, count 4 seconds as you crunch up and 8 seconds as you slowly go back down.  Or simply do more crunches.

8 hours ago, FerrousMaverick said:

"The burn" may not be the right way to think about it.  When you are used to doing something, you need to vary it in some way to keep progressing.  A good way to do that is to slow it down.  For example, count 4 seconds as you crunch up and 8 seconds as you slowly go back down.  Or simply do more crunches.

Thank you FerrousMaverick for you feedback, much appreciated. I will take your advice and employ it into my Abdominal Crunch workout. :)

Boola   

Can you try doing ab wheel workouts, perhaps its easier to feel contact for you?

On 12/15/2016 at 10:10 AM, Boola said:

Can you try doing ab wheel workouts, perhaps its easier to feel contact for you?

Thank you for the tip Boola.....