Sign in to follow this  
adnan

patella maltracking and squatssssss

Hello Everyone

Few weeks ago i felt something uncomfortable in right knee , but i was moving my knee without any pain .

and i was training without any problem ( except once i felt a pain at the end of the last set of last squat workout)

I made an x ray and doctor informed me that both patella in both knees are tilted ( patella maltracking)   ( i was born like that)

doctor informed me i have to strengthen my quads and informed me to stay away from squats

Really i do not want to stop squatting.....

I think to try and change my stance  to be wide a bit and try other cues like pushing knees out .....etc

does any one had this issue ??

Thanks in advance

I have dealt with kneecap issues for the better part of 2016, and multiple times before. Each time the pain lessened with strengthening exercises ranging from squatting with a slower more controlled descent, isometric quad flexing, hamstring strengthening, glute activation but also stretching of the quads, hams, calves, hips, etc.

Also don't be afraid to try different exercises. If deadlifting is still doable then deadlift or if lunges don't bother you do lunges, find exercises you can do comfortably with no pain.

Knee pain really sucks, don't be dumb like I have been and try and push through it... that can just lead to messing up your technique, muscle imbalances and sets you back even more.

• Upvote 1

K has some good points. I also wonder, if everything was fine...why did you get an x-ray? Surely not because something randomly hurt one time, right?

Find yourself a good physiotherapist. Together you can get your knee back on track with taping and strengthening the right muscle-groups.

thanks so much  Klim , i will work on these points 

Daniel: I made the x ray cause my knees felt something uncomfortable ( do not know how to describe ) in my knee and it stayed about 4 days

Dr infromed me that this due to patella maltracking and the x ray shows this

Thanks for your advise