Sign in to follow this  
adnan

Adnan Diet For Fat Loss And Gain Strength

Hi everyone

I need to lose weight , working on jason blaha ICF( cutting version)

My weight is 103 I need to be 85 kgs.

My diet will not be less than 160 gm protein and not less than 80 gm carbs about 1600 calories

Iam still beginner and my training weights are increasing

Please give me your opinion and advice for below diet

Break Fast: 1 scoop of whey protein + 25gm oat + 1 yogurt low fat + 1 banana   

( My workout will be before break fast so I will take black coffee and banana before workout  and 1 scoop of whey protein + 25gm oat + 1 yogurt low fat after workout  )

Snack : 200 ml skimmed milk + 20 pcs of nuts

Lunch : 300 gm of chicken breasts + 100gm spanish + 1 brown toast

Snack: 100 gm of cottage cheese

Dinner : Big Salad plate + 140 gm tuna + 1 tablespoon of olive oil

Before Bed: 1 apple

Some times i wake at night and feel hungry I will eat low fat yogurt or cottage cheese  

The biggest thing I see here is the very low carbs.  I would not attempt to go longer than 6-8 weeks with less than 125g of carbs in your diet.  Weight training in ketosis (which is what this diet will do) can make you very hungry and irritable.

The basics of the diet are OK, but you may want to include some rice or potatoes as you increase your carb intake.  Other fruits can be pretty nice, such as berries.

Have you done this diet yet or are you just planning it out?  If so, how are you feeling?

yes i am just planning.

But i think you are correct , i made similar diets with low carbs and felt hungry at night after 12 am .

This may be the reason??

In your opinion i can add 1 potato ( about 27 gm  carbs & 118 calories) and 100 gm of basmati rice ( 25 gm  carb & 120 calories) ??

This will be enough ?

Anything over 125g of carbs is enough to stay out of ketosis.  You'll at least be able to think clearly and exercise.

I've had a lot of luck aiming for just 1 lb loss a week, 0.83g per lb body weight, 20% of the calories from fat, and all the rest from carbs.  For me that pretty much meant that my protein and carb intake were the same.  I was able to get stronger and function well with this arrangement while losing 1 lb per week (0.5 kg per week).  Carbs with higher fiber content also worked well to stave off hunger.

This is just my personal experience on the matter.  Last time I did this, I was working with a coach and he helped me balance the training and diet.

I'm on the other side of this, I do well on low carbs as long as I keep them low, but adding carbs makes me crave more carbs, and I wind up gaining

But that's my own personal experience

I would try what FM advises, and maybe go ahead and add some protein (cottage cheese or yogurt) to the bedtime apple, as I find even healthy sugars by them selves tend to make me hungry shortly after

You could be sensitive to sugar by itself, too

The point that i keep about 200 ~400 calories for my hunger at night after 12 am

as i mentioned i will eat cottage cheese or yogurt........etc

also i will try this diet and inform you with results

I will add cottage cheese beside apple

Thanks Berin 

Thanks Art

do you track macros? for me, i've had the most consistent success when tracking macros. if you decide to go that route, you can start with a moderate ratio: 200g protein, 200g carbs, 100g fat and see how that goes for 2 weeks then adjust.

i track my macros

But i want to try extreme cut about 1600 + ( 300~400 calories i eat at night after 12 am)

as i always feel hungry after 12/1 am

We all wish you well on the cut, but if it gets too much you might want to raise the overall calories.  Try it first, and adjust as needed as you go along.  Give yourself about 2-3 weeks before deciding to add or remove calories unless you really get irritable.

A good number of us had good experience with the target of 1 lb (0.5 kg) per week weight loss.  Deeper cuts are a serious challenge, and you may find yourself stalling sooner if you are running a beginner program.  If that's the case you have to decide what's the most important short term goal: adding weight on the bar or losing weight.  If it's the prior, eat more.  If it's the latter, you might have to change your training some just to maintain your current lifts, and get back to adding weight to the bar after the deep cut is over.

Above all, I highly recommend you set a definite start and end date for the deep cut diet.  It will help you stay compliant with your goals if you know you just have to suck it up for another 5 days.

i track my macros

But i want to try extreme cut about 1600 + ( 300~400 calories i eat at night after 12 am)

as i always feel hungry after 12/1 am

I'm not sure if i might be misunderstanding, sorry if I am. If you are eating 1600+300-400, that's 1900-2000 calories. Whether you eat it in the middle of the night or not doesn't matter. So if you're ok with eating 1900 calories, then just do it during the day so you're not hungry at night. Try

165g protein

150g carbs

70g fat

You'll lose over 2lbs of fat a week on that at your body weight if you strength train and you shouldn't be hungry at night. Good luck!

I believe in what you stated Berin , yes i have to focus on short term goal.........thanks

thanks jack , i started with your plan 165 gm pro , 150 gm carb and about 30g fat ........... and i am increasing weights every other session

I might be missing something, but if you're hungry after 12am, something's off. If you're serious about losing fat, and keeping, or even gaining strength, you shouldn't be awake at that hour in the first place. There's plenty of science on that, here's a start.

thanks Wolf .............

I might be missing something, but if you're hungry after 12am, something's off. If you're serious about losing fat, and keeping, or even gaining strength, you shouldn't be awake at that hour in the first place. There's plenty of science on that, here's a start.

Unless you work in the PM. Not everyone lives on a 6-10 schedule, y'know  :lol:

that's too low for fat. you need fat for healthy metabolism and long term satiety. i wouldn't go much under 50g fat, really 60g. you should be able to lose weight fine by adjusting the other macros. 

Jack, what are those numbers based off of?  Just curiosity.

I've heard the bare minimum for fat should be 0.35 g / lb total body weight, and I've heard 20-30% of a diet's total calories should come from fat (9 calories per gram of fat) while loosing weight.  Both those would still be in the same ballpark for the OP, but they at least scale to differences in body mass.

Jack, what are those numbers based off of?  Just curiosity.

I've heard the bare minimum for fat should be 0.35 g / lb total body weight, and I've heard 20-30% of a diet's total calories should come from fat (9 calories per gram of fat) while loosing weight.  Both those would still be in the same ballpark for the OP, but they at least scale to differences in body mass.

you're right. pure guess on my part, based on myself. So about 40 g + a bit more since there are issues of satiety in play as well as leaving room to cut 10-15g in the future.