Sign in to follow this  
MathiahM

Paul Carter On Knee Wraps/health

Paul Carter to John Meadows on Knee Wraps and the in quotes part is what John Meadows had said about what kept his knees safe.

Oh and BTW.......

"

"I have been beat up quite a bit over the years, but the one area that I have that has never been injured is my knees. I believe this is due to mostly:

1) I never used knee wraps to help me on heavy sets"

People should read that over and over and over and over until something about it sinks in. Knee wraps are BAD for your knees. If you need knee wraps to squat because of pain, that should be a sign to you that something is wrong/underdeveloped, if you've never had a serious knee injury. Sorry, just irritates me when people say they must use knee wraps because they have knee pain without em. WEll yeah, because your VMO is underdeveloped/weak.

I was wondering what everyone thought about knee wraps. He was saying this to John Meadows who had mentioned not using knee wraps and training his VMO hard for aesthetic reasons and that's why his knees were healthy. John Meadows was explaining this before showing a video of him doing "sissy hack squats"

I never really have knee pain and when I do I can usually tell why. It's usually from catching cleans/snatches forward, or squatting forward, or doing jerks forward etc.

It also depends on how tight you wraps knee wraps. You can wrap them so they just keep everything warm, or you can wrap them until you can barely walk and you're springing out of the hold in a squat.

Yes, that sounds pretty obvious and goes for almost every piece of training gear.

Yes, that sounds pretty obvious and goes for almost every piece of training gear.

This.

Never wrap or belt up to hide an injury.

Paul Carter to John Meadows on Knee Wraps and the in quotes part is what John Meadows had said about what kept his knees safe.

Oh and BTW.......

"

"I have been beat up quite a bit over the years, but the one area that I have that has never been injured is my knees. I believe this is due to mostly:

1) I never used knee wraps to help me on heavy sets"

I don't think most people start using knee wraps until they start hurting for one reason or another. So to generalize that knee wraps cause knee pain has really no basis. They may cause pain if misused, but the same can said about anything. Knee wraps and belts have their place in training

Paul Carter is a golden god of wisdom and virtue. He is magical. He deadlifted 700 lbs before he actually deadlifted 700lbs. He is also 8 ft tall has an IQ of infinity and his pooh issues cleanly from his freshly shaven behind with the aroma of a sunny spring meadow. Just ask him.

• Upvote 3

Hahaha.  All I know is Chuck Norris counted to infinity.  Twice.  Not even the great Paul Carter can do that.