Sign in to follow this  
adnan

Losing Weight And Gaining Strength At Same Time

Hi everyone

I am 28 years old about 102 kg and 178 cm and lifts (strength/hypertrophy candito routine ) about 4 times a week with no cardio.

I need to ask the following

1 - I need to lose about 1 kg per week to reach my ideal weight in 5~6 months to lose 20 kg and weight 80 ~82 kg
 I calculated my calorie intake must be about 1700 calorie through this webpage
http://caloriecount.about.com/
are they accurate ?

2-  do I have to take 200 gram protein (according to my weight) as minimum??  OR I can work with 100 gram protein

200 gram protein is high , I think I will have to use whey protein .

Although I feel that 200 gram protein is many to eat through day

i care about strength more than muscle gain , but in both cases protein is important

3- is it is better to eat clean and track my calories ? or there is certain diet plans I can follow it

need ur advices

1700 seems low.

The IIFYM calculator I use returned 2,400 or 2,260 for a more aggressive cut.

200g of protein isn't too high.

• 6 eggs, 2 slices of thick bacon will give you 70g+
  • 60g whey will give you another 50g
  • 200g of chicken will give you another 50g
  • 200g of beef mince will give you 40g

That's my daily protein sources for the most part.

Better to just track your calories as all diet plans have the same thing in common, you eat less than you burn.

• Upvote 1

Follow Simon's advice, he's the resident dieting wizard :D

I you're serious about weight management, tracking calories is your best route, at least for a while because it will help you get a grip on what you're actually eating, and what your body actually needs. The experience you gather from that will be very valuable once you've reached your goal and want to adjust for other goals (like clean bulking or just maintenance). "Diet plans" usually just work by tricking you into eating less without the actual math.

This being said, don't get overly obsessive about it. You're not gonna lose your gains because you miss your protein goal, you're not gonna blow up because you overeat once.

As for calculators, I think this one is one of the best. It helped me cut from over 125 kg to just above 105 kg within about 6 month (moderate lifting 3 times per week, hardly any cardio, some HIIT and hill sprints). Another interesting tool is the Body Weight Simulator.

The best article I've seen so far on weight loss is this one, check it out.

As for protein, 200g is doable, but I'd say probably not necessary in your case. From the stats you gave, I'm assuming you're shooting for a lean body mass of about 70kg - 75 kg. Consequently, about 120 g protein per day should be sufficient even in a caloric deficit. If you prefer to err on the high side (like I would), go for about 150g, that's plenty.

• Upvote 3

thanks for your help simon and chris

one question Simon  , 6 eggs per day isnt it too much for cholesterol ?

Not necessarily.

http://smartass-guide-to-fitness.blogspot.co.uk/2009/11/lyle-mcdonald-on-dietary-cholesterol.html?m=1

No

In most people dietary cholesterol has little effect on serum cholesterol

as with anything though YMMV

is it is better to eat clean and track my calories ? or there is certain diet plans I can follow it

Maintaining a healthy and balanced diet is much more sustainable in the long run than following any fad. Just make sure you understand what eating clean means.