Sign in to follow this  
adnan

Need Ur Opinion For This Strength Program

Hi everyone............

I do not have any squat rack in my gym  .
so OHP and squat is difficult to do and also i am not perfect in cleaning barbell

I made this modifications on 5x5  and need your advice and help . is below routine workable ??

Workout A
1- V Squat    5x5     ( V squat machine  

2- Barbell bench       5x5
3- Barbell bent over row    5x5

Workout B
1- V Squat 5x5
2- DL 5x5 ( not 1 x5 as V squat not effective as barbell squat)
3-  barbell  Over head press  (not available)
I do Smith machine seated press or  Dumbell over head seated or Dumbell over head standing press ??

I will do this workout till I move from this commercial gym next year

Waiting for ur advices friends

I do not have any squat rack in my gym  .

so OHP and squat is difficult to do and also i am not perfect in cleaning barbell 

As long as you're using rather low weights, it could be an option to stand up with the barbell from a bench station - provided your gym has those.

As for your routine, it's workable. As a beginner, the most important thing is consistency. Go to the gym, lift the things, be back in time to do it again.

The V squat is ok for the beginning, but you should probably add some core work (back extensions, abb roller).

But at the end of the day, without a rack or stands, the best you can do is to start learning to clean so you can do front squats. The Steinborn is really only an option for (very) advanced lifters; besides, it will likely get you kicked out of a commercial gym.

thanks

Please inform me if there is any core exercise that i can add.

I would chose DB OHP over smith machine, your weight handled will be lower, but there will be a big stabilizer emphasis, and by doing it standing you get some core work in

I haven't done the experiment, but I'd be willing to bet if you trained with DB OHP for 1 yeasr ves smith machine OHP for one year you's get a bigger barbel OHP from the DB OHP

the Vsquat is better than nothing, but I'd choose heavy split squats or Zercher squats over it

You can set up for Zerchers by either doing it from the bench station, or byt DLing the weight up, squatting down with it in your hip crease, and hooking your elbows under, like this guy, but don't drop the barbell

you should still work your cleans though

thanks for reply
for stretches and mobility exercises , could anyone one state a  good routine or useful link ?

thanks

Please inform me if there is any core exercise that i can add.

Check these videos for the ab rollout, which can be done with an ab roller, or a barbell, an EZbar (probably even with dumb bells :D)

For the back, you could do back extensions.

And if you absolutely can't do any squats but machine squats, you should probably incorporate some farmer's walks and suitcase walks. Actually, you might want to do them anyway...

• Upvote 1

find a squat rack as soon as possible, for now you could do barbell lunges 

• Upvote 1

Just power clean the bar to do OHP. You dont have to be perfect and you shouldnt have any issue doing this with weights that you can press overhead. If you cant do a single clean with a weight you can ohp 5x5 then you arent trying hard enough.

• Upvote 1

thanks carl , chris Jamie and Art  :rolleyes:

Blows not having a rack.

You can train without squatting depending on what your goals are.

But if that goal happens to be all round strength then you're pretty screwed as all options of getting the bar into position don't last long as you'll soon outgrow them.

I'd go higher rep on the squat machine.

Alternatively you could try goblet squats or belted squats where the weight hangs from a dipping belt and squat on blocks high enough for you to squat to depth and not have the plates hit the floor.

As suggested you could clean the weight up for pressing or just use dumbbells.

I'd prefer dumbbells personally.

I totally forgot hip belt squats, brilliant!

also, Sumo DL is considered by many a sort of hybrid squat / DL crossover exercise, you might put those in place of squats, opr suitcase squats (aka suitcase DLs)

I was thinking something similar too regarding sumo.

Really is a difficult situation to be in if your goal is max strength.

I think I'd just train for hypertrophy if I didnt have access to a rack.

Can you use a Bench Press for seated OHP? If you can set the hooks high enough this could work. DBs are a good option too, only downside is bigger jumps in weights. Not having a rack blows, but you can still train for sure. Do what you planned and learn to Clean at the same time, you'll get better at it! Soon you'll be able to front squat and do standing OHP.

There's nothing wrong with doing more than 1x5 DL in a week. You need to figure out it for yourself what works best. I've done 5x10 and 6x5 for example.

thanks