Sign in to follow this  
adnan

Need To Start Any Strength Tarining Problem And Do Not Have Any Power Cages Or Squat Racks ???!!!

Hello everyone!!!

I am 28 y male from Egypt . 

I want to start any strength program ( 5x5 , 5/3/1....etc) but gyms in our city does not have power cages or squat rack or squat stands....

Only smith machines available.

So barbell squat or barbell  over head press is not available

Solutions like steinborn squat  is difficult , also home gym is diffcult as i can do not have enough space.

Any solutionsssssssssssssss ?? 

'Rapid assent" program from Dan John's 'from the ground up' book

power cleans, Overhead Press (cleaned once for each set) and front Squats (also cleaned for each set)

IIRC it's sets of 6, 4, 2 for each exercise, add weight when you can hit all the reps

It's not optimal, but it will do you good

addinpull ups , maybe weighted pushups or floor press for chesticles, all done

squats are the main lift to any good strength program get a small portable squat stand and move it outside or the basement or the garage...... 

thank you all for these advices

Yeah, just power clean the bar to get set up for your set of Overhead Presses. No issue there. You can do it for front squats too, but the issue is you don't have a good way to fail. If you fail OHP it's no big deal, as the weight will still be light enough to return to the floor in a controlled manner.

If you are willing to make the investment in a home gym you can use squat stands that can be put away when not in use. They take up very little space. The weights themselves will take up the most space. It really depends if you have "not a lot of space" or literally "no space".  Your best bet, in a city with no power racks, is a home gym. You can always go to the gym and do what you can, until you get serious enough to make a home gym work. Deadlifting and overhead pressing is still a million times better than doing nothing at all.

if you fail FS it will almost always be losing the bar forward, and almost always in or near the hole, just dump the bar forward and you're fine You're unlikely to do that with a weight you can clean, anyway

you can obviously FS more with stands though

thanks Carl
thanks Art

i do not have enough space in my home!!  :( 

I made this modifications on 5x5 and need your advice and help . is below routine workable ??

Workout A
1- V Squat    5x5     ( V squat machine

)
2- Barbell bench       5x5
3- Barbell bent over row    5x5

Workout B
1- V Squat 5x5
2-Deadlift 5x5  ( not 1x5 as V squat is not effective for back as barbell squat)
3-  barbell  Over head press  (not available)
I do Smith machine seated press or  Dumbell over head seated or Dumbell over head standing press ??

Also is it right that I start with empty bar then add weights (like Mehdi) to avoid plateau ??
Does I need to add some leg exercises as V squat not effective enough ?
V squat is effective or smith machine ?

I will do this workout till I move from this commercial gym next year

Waiting for ur advices friends

see my response to your other post