Sign in to follow this  
edge121212

Posting Videos

I know this is a boring topic but I am just curious what other people use to take and upload their videos/pics.The process has been a little frustrating for me

what i was doing-  first take a video with my point and shoot- remove the memory card and insert it into a card reader which i then insert into my macbook- upload the videos onto the mac- trim them- delete old files- and finally upload to youtube.

what i am currently doing- use a samsung galaxy smart cam- THATS IT!!!! well almost  :D this camera will allow trimming and automatic uploads to dropbox(as soon as it detects wifi) from dropbox I upload what ever videos i like straight to youtube

I shoot, edit, and upload to YouTube all from my iPhone.

• Upvote 1

with the iPhone where do you store you videos? and what type of tripod do you use?

I balance my Samsung s4 phone on a box or a cupboard to record the videos. From my phone gallery i can share the video to YouTube. When i later type up my log entry on the laptop i open up YouTube in a separate browser tab and use the link from the YouTube video to post it in my log.

I don't even... but I should

I do what sking and markG do - iPhone to YouTube to posting theYouTube links in my log

My iPhone stands up just fine by itself on a flat stool...4S is pretty square.

When it starts to get full I just dump the video off on a hard drive. I have a terabyte drive that has nearly 4 years of video and is still not full. I have it mirrored on another identical drive. I got 2 one terabyte drives for less than $80 each. I can go back to almost any day, and if I took video, I can review it.

ok thanks guys

@Steve so do you have all your workouts named and into separate folders by year or month or something?. sounds like you are nice and organized  B)

I just used my Samasung S4, clip the video and upload straight to youtube as well as my other social media accounts.

I taped my Iphone to my tripod head. I train at home, taking a tripod to a commercial gym might be considered a bit ott.

I have trouble editing my videos on my PC as it doesn't like the .mov format. I have been uploading the whole video to youtube from my PC and editing there. Problem with this is that because I live out in the sticks my broadband speed is slow and it takes ages to upload.

If the whole process can be done on the Iphone as Sking says, it would make things easier.

ok thanks guys

@Steve so do you have all your workouts named and into separate folders by year or month or something?. sounds like you are nice and organized  B)

I just separate them into quarters so there aren't too many in one folder. I just use the file dates if I need to find something.

Similar to what the others do, it's easiest doing it from your phone:

I shoot everything from my HTC One (Android).  I just prop the camera on a box against two 25lb plates.  I should get something like this. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007NFJN0I/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_8?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A24EKU49ICLH6H

While resting between sets, I'll quickly trim the beginning and end of the video right in the camera app to cut the length to the actual lift.

I start the upload to youtube while still at the gym since their wifi connection is really good.   If I am uploading a lot of video, it just pauses when I leave until I get back to a wifi connection at home or work.

I have "auto backup" on so the video automatically gets uploaded to my google photos account whether I upload it to youtube or not.  

I have a 32GB phone so I only need to clear out the videos off the phone once in awhile

• Upvote 1

sounds so easy, but if i tried it

giphy.gif

Just trimmed and uploaded a video to youtube all on my Iphone4. So quick and easy compared to what I was doing before. :)

Thanks for the tips guys.