Sign in to follow this  
theisaboy

Lower Back Strain And Hip Pain

I recently injured my back from front squats. I was thinking of taking a month off compounds that load the lower back and hip but I'm not sure what my recovery rate is gonna be like... Any tips on how I can slowly come back into training? How can I train around it?

I recently injured my back from front squats. I was thinking of taking a month off compounds that load the lower back and hip but I'm not sure what my recovery rate is gonna be like... Any tips on how I can slowly come back into training? How can I train around it?

Interesting that you injured your lower back on front squats. What kind of lower back injury? Herniated disc? Strained muscles? 

Have you tried just doing bench and other upper body stuff that doesn't require much lower back usage?

Interesting that you injured your lower back on front squats. What kind of lower back injury? Herniated disc? Strained muscles? 

Have you tried just doing bench and other upper body stuff that doesn't require much lower back usage?

Yes. It was classified as a strain. But to date I feel oddness in my lower right back and right hip.

in fact I am on a bench program.

This is the link if you are keen 

http://ironstrong.org/index.php?/topic/2645-isaboy-training-log/

:)