Sign in to follow this  
SilverOx

Which Supplements For Joints?

if by horse joint stuff you mean horse liniment, it's good stuff, I have some 'mentholatum pain relief' which is the same thing, and it works good on muscle

have't thought about it fo joints, but maybe I should try it

No, we were talking about the horse supps Miked96 referred to earlier in this thread.

I'm hoping some Glucosamine will help with my rather dodgey knees. For anyone who uses it regularly and get's any kind of benefit from it, how long does it take to begin working?

This depends on so many factors there´s no way to answer this. Is your pain due to cartillage damage? If no, glucosamine will probably do nothing but empty your pockets. If yes, it´ll depend on the degree of damage and dose of glucosamine. That is all assuming your technique is spot on and your knees don´t hurt because of tight muscles, tendon-issues or whatever.

No, we were talking about the horse supps Miked96 referred to earlier in this thread.

This depends on so many factors there´s no way to answer this. Is your pain due to cartillage damage? If no, glucosamine will probably do nothing but empty your pockets. If yes, it´ll depend on the degree of damage and dose of glucosamine. That is all assuming your technique is spot on and your knees don´t hurt because of tight muscles, tendon-issues or whatever.

I've been to hospital with both knees on separate occassions and they suspected ACL damage however as it only ever comes about when I run 5+ miles I've never really spent too much time worrying about it since. I love running but I just love sitting on my arse more now.

It's cheap as chips online, suppose it couldn't hurt to try.

Thanks this reminded me to take my Actiflex tonight.

thought I might be on the wrong trail there

I've personally been working out for nearly ten years now, and am somewhat of a running junkie. 

I have had some experience with Glucosamine Sulfate - recommended by my GP after a knee injury, which I think helped a lot. I've taken it for 8 weeks in total, and I felt a lot better after week 6 - the knee is perfectly fine now, and will keep carrying me through all my crazy adventures. I definitely recommend it! 

I've personally been working out for nearly ten years now, and am somewhat of a running junkie. 

I have had some experience with Glucosamine Sulfate - recommended by my GP after a knee injury, which I think helped a lot. I've taken it for 8 weeks in total, and I felt a lot better after week 6 - the knee is perfectly fine now, and will keep carrying me through all my crazy adventures. I definitely recommend it! 

Wait... a new lady? This hasn't happened in years.

white_knight_by_0bo-d7x9osi.jpg

Don't get too excited. It looks like she may never post again. It's going to be hard to rescue this one.

Don't get too excited. It looks like she may never post again. It's going to be hard to rescue this one.

sad_king.-WS.gif

Oh c'mon guys, there wasn't even a barbell in her avatar

Dont set the bar too high

shoot for the stars, if you don't make it the moon is still nice  :lol:

Definitely I would go with Glucosamine, it has helped me a lot.

But also Turmeric as MathiahM mentioned already, both really good!