Sign in to follow this  
CarlHmS

Casein Protein

So last time I ordered protein powder I got some whey and some "milk" protein.The milk is effectively casein, and it's chalky, gritty, doesn't mix well, which is standard for casein. It's unflavored because that's how I buy my whey in bulk so that I can mix it with anything from milk to juice. I can't seem to tolerate the texture of casein though.

So I'm looking for other ways to use. Anybody have any recipes that use casein? The problem I'm finding is that even adding a scoop of casein to something, you have to dilute it so much. As an example, I can add it to pudding which solves the texture issue, but it takes a whole box of pudding to handle 1.5 scoops of casein. I don't want to buy more protein when I've got over 5 lbs. already, but I don't know what to do with it. I would rather not have to simply choke it down. I will always go with whey in the future, lesson learned.

Any ideas? Remember it's unflavored so it can literally go in anything.

Thanks, there's a lot there to choose from. I'll try something out tonight, maybe the bb.com cookie dough stuff because i think i have everything to make that. I shall keep this thread updated with successful things I tried. 

Protein fluff has been my go-to on this cut, but I make mine with whey and xanthan gum.  You might have to be heavy-handed with the added flavorings, otherwise it'll taste like... milk-air.  Which, I would imagine, is gross.

But really, the fluff is uber filling.  And if you get a good flavor, it can be pretty delicious for what it is.