Sign in to follow this  
sking

Sept 2011

Thanks for the comments...

For some reason I am not getting the notifications hence me not replying sooner.

I would disagree with Neil to some extent that t he strength is still not there; I say this because I was lifting 195kg without a belt before; I lifted 190kg with one and I felt it made a big difference to my lift (psychologically).

I still have some pain; sitting down is horrible and driving is crap... but I try not to complain and I just get into the gym now and smash it without thinking about it.

If I'm lifting 250kg I'm going to be a happy guy on deadlifts.

However, this competition gave me an impetus because at this stage I was scheduled to be squatting 100kg and deadlifting 110kg... that I have hit 150kg and 190kg respectively has given me a real incentive to push on.

Glad to hear it.

and if you want, you can change your notification settings in your profile

No its not just a grip issue as in slipping - I had an op on left hand ring finger a while back - and I just cannot seem to grip over 120kgs at all. The straps ensure that it doesn't stop me lifting heavy. I think chalk would help a bit, but my grip would still physically collapse rather than it slipping.

In for updates.

Good call on the bailing for squats.

Great DL - do you use chalk? Saw the palm wipe and thought of that.

Thanks guys.

I have yet to use chalk Gargoyle. But I see it in my near future.