Sign in to follow this  
sking

Sept 2011

Neil's verification is good enough for our 'test run'.

Nice lifts mate,

Good stuff. It's not all about the weight all the time.

Neil's verification is good enough for our 'test run'.

Nice lifts mate,

Awesome. Okay, here's Vaughan's totals:

BW - 125.6Kg

Squat - 150Kg

Bench - 85Kg

Deadlift - 190Kg

Total - 425 Kilograms / 935 Pounds

Wilks Points: 241,953

Nice lifts.

Was that a gumshield you put on for your deadlift?

Thanks Vaughan. Yes I where gumshield for heavy deadlifts. I also where it for all my heavy lifts.

Here's my deads. My form has been feeling top notch in the last month on this lift, and it payed off big time. I even tried a 370lb DL after this one, but I couldn't even get it off the ground lol. For the rest of the evening I was so stiff that I worried I might be out for a while. But I had a sauna, ate lots of food, drank lots of water, iced my back, took an advil, and had a good sleep. And this morning although sore (the good kind), it's not too bad at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfaEYbKXDP4

A little recap. I didn't calculate my 1RM prior to going for it. Downside is I had no idea what to go for. Upside is I had no limits. However, after my lifts, I wanted to compare calculated 1RM to my actual 1RM. As you can see the calculator was pretty accurate - except for deads - where I summoned everything I had and showed that calculator who's boss.

Squat 286 (255x5) - Actual 285lb

Bench 208 (185x5) - Actual 205lb

Deads 343 (305x3) - Actual 355lb

(calculated 1RM on the left, brackets shows what weight I used to calculate)

Also - bodyweight was 183. So that makes my average BW 183 over the 3 lifts/days.

I just did the same - and wow, very accurate indeed (using same layout as you but in KGs)

Squat 129 (115x5) - Actual 130

Bench 90 (80x5) - Actual 90

Deads 166 (147.5 x5) - Actual 170

Same as you - showed the calculator who was boss on the deads... :D

Based the squat on the weight I could reach without a real breakdown in form...I had done 5 reps at 120 / 122.5 - but never got parallel and wasn't right.

Yeah I'm surprised how accurate those calculators are. But it's fun to prove it wrong :D

I also found it difficult determining what weights to attempt. I got a little greedy on squat and deadlift. Next time we should all be more prepared about this. Congrats on the deadlift.

Good stuff. It's not all about the weight all the time.

Yeah, can't always be looking at the glass half-full, right on. Something that really erks me at the moment is the deadlift though; once the weight gets to about what was being done in the video, it just doesn't feel right. Lots of stress on my back, and not in a 'getting worked' way, but in a 'dear god this feels terrible' kinda way.

Beas - watch Steve deadlift here (I DL the same way but my video is "misty")

http://ironstrong.org/index.php/topic/262-sking/

His chest is much higher - which you get by dropping your hips a bit more - and get more drive from your legs.

Your lower back is doing almost all of the work - and that would explain the "dear god this feels terrible" statement.

I deadlift like you do on the first warm up set of 60kgs - so it really stretches and warms up the back, but not when I start ramping the weights up.

Awesome job, Mike! Thanks for the recap. Very cool.

BW - 183 pounds

Squat - 285 pounds

Bench - 205 pounds

Deadlift - 355 pounds

Total - 845 Pounds / 384.1 Kilograms

Wilks Points: 255,843

Thanks for doing all the calculations and organizing the totals, Steve.

Thanks for doing all the calculations and organizing the totals, Steve.

My pleasure. I'm glad we had as many as we did. Hopefully more to come this weekend!

I wasn't sure I was going to enter this, after a fairly rubbish week of workouts, today went well, and I thought I'd throw my hat in to the arena. I know my lifts aren't arywhere near competitive, but you guys have really supported my log, and I'd like to get involved. I did all these lifts after their normal position in the SL workout, so I didn't go too ambitious as I was pretty wrecked.

Weight this morning was 81KG (178 Ibs)

Squats 115Kg (I only attempted this, and didn't try any higher, which I regret a bit now)

Bench 75Kg (My left arm doesn't have full range of motion, but it definitely does lockout)

Bench 80Kg

Deadlift 135Kg

Deadlift 140Kg (Couldn't go any higher as this is all the weights I own!)

Thanks for reading, I hope I'm not too late!

Definitely not too late. Entries can be made as late as Sunday anytime. I'll check the last tallies on Monday morning.

Rich, very nice job!! I think it's awesome that you have maxed out the weights you own!

Awesome that you decided to participate Rich.

Feels great to test yourself doesn't it?

BW - 81Kg

Squat - 115Kg

Bench - 80Kg

Deadlift - 140Kg

Total - 335 Kilograms / 737 Pounds

Wilks Points: 226,929

Great lifting RichE - at least you know you need to pick up some more weights real soon... :)

Have been kind of absent on the forum lately but looking at your videos and results has got me interested in doing some PR 1 rep max tries. I think this fun competition has really pushed some of us to test our limits which is always cool. I lifted today after work so I will try it out on Sunday night at home and take some video. Awesome stuff guys.

Yes! The more the better. Glad you're in, M!

It's contagious

Awesome lifts man. I don't even rank in class IV haha

Awesome lifts man. I don't even rank in class IV haha

Thanks, but if you can do 180x5 Squat, 145x5 Bench, and 245x5 Deadlift, you should be able to do:

210+170+305 = 685.

You should at least do this for yourself. Who cares about rankings? Given whatever level of experience, you compete mainly against YOU!

You should at least do this for yourself. Who cares about rankings? Given whatever level of experience, you compete mainly against YOU!

Well said