Sign in to follow this  
sking

Sept 2011

Good stuff man. And no worries with the bench angle, it looked fine. Just gotta see that deadlift now!!

Sking, oh woww, I am definitely the loser of this meet, judging by that total :lol:

Sounds like Vaughan's a competitive guy, Neil. Have you mentioned to him how much fun everyone's having, and how awesome it all is? Might be able to trick him into it then.

And thanks Mike, although I wouldn't say they're the best lifts in the world. Definitely glad that you guys got this all together, I can see this being a great feature of the forum.

I will try and get him to do a DL and Bench tonight, and post up with his squat - its just for fun really...

He is competitive indeed no question (even though he likely wont admit it) :D

So it looks like Steven is the honourary Chairman of the 1,000 lb club! Bloody great lifts mate, be sure to reserve a table for the rest of us there, as we'll be catching up to you soon :D

Thanks, Beas! There's always room for improvement. According to this (181 lbs division), I rank Class II, so Class I is the next goal.

Cheers Mike - I hope that by the time the next contest rolls around I will be getting parallel on every rep, even the heavy ones.

Great goal.

Guest rere

Failed! massive failure on Squats I should of opened up with 140kg to play it safe.

Bodyweight: 213lbs 96.6kg

Squats 150kg (I had 3 attempts)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWi3-r-tQCM&feature=channel_video_title

I didn't record my lift on bench as the same thing happened at attempting 100kg 3 times

Bench 100kg Fail!

Looks like I may be disqualified? I'm not sure, so tomorrow I'm going to open up my deadlift from 185kg to be on the safe side, i feel like an idiot for attempting such a big Squat, so tomorrow 23/9/11 I'll record my Deadlift attempt, I suppose one lesson I have learned is never open with a weight that you know might bury you :(

This is why we needed a test run. Not just to figure out how to post/judge it on this site, but also to figure out what works best for each of us to hit some big lifts.

And we don't really disqualify anyone. You have the whole week to post your best lift. If the lift is good, we're all happy. Take as many trys/days as you need. This is all about us setting our own PRs within a friendly competition, not a whole bunch of rules.

Nice job, Franco! Glad you decided to participate. Way to go doing them all in one day :)

All the same day make it more interesting lol. I just knew I had no chances so adding 10 more pounds per lift woudnt change big thing. Your lifts were huge. Congrats

So glad you decided to join our little competition Franco. Nice work on the lifts through an injury. Next competition will be fun.

I hope I will have proper shoes for the next. Cant wait

Wow, man, for a self professed cripple that hasn't lifted in a while, you smashed those lifts! Hope you enjoyed doing it, I know I did.

After going to the chiropractor 2 times Im a bit better but still hurts. Only one rep was fine but more thant that wouldnt be possible!

Sorry that you didn't get that squat, man. When I saw the vid and the '150 KG squat' text above it, I was blown away. Same goes for the bench, it's really unlucky that you didn't get them.

My advice is to open with relatively low weights; that's what I did, and admittedly, is why my score is so low. But this being our first event/my first event, I had no idea how to go about it, so I figured that starting small and going relatively was the way forward. As Mike says, feel free to go try again, just be sure to start off lighter.

I have to admit, I was under the impression that 3 attempts, and 3 attempts only would be what we use, Mike, simply on the grounds that some may get irritated at how others beat them on another go around, and it may become a case of people retrying and retrying until the end of the comp. My opinion; you get 3 main attempts, that's it. But of course, there's nothing to stop you doing 'unofficial' ones and posting them up along with the main ones. Just my two pence.

I have to admit, I was under the impression that 3 attempts, and 3 attempts only would be what we use, Mike, simply on the grounds that some may get irritated at how others beat them on another go around, and it may become a case of people retrying and retrying until the end of the comp. My opinion; you get 3 main attempts, that's it. But of course, there's nothing to stop you doing 'unofficial' ones and posting them up along with the main ones. Just my two pence.

If you fail 3 times at a lift, I highly doubt you'll have anything in your tank (not to mention your CNS) to make it on your 4th etc. A 1RM doesn't come from 1 week of training. It comes from months of training. There is no cheating this. If I feel like trying a 300lb squat again this week I think I should (but I don't lol), because we are trying to increase our lifts here, not award money. The main reason to keep it at 3 attempts in a real meet is for time constraints. We don't have that issue, and I believe it to be a benefit of this format.

Failed! massive failure on Squats I should of opened up with 140kg to play it safe.

Squats 150kg (I had 3 attempts)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWi3-r-tQCM&feature=channel_video_title

I didn't record my lift on bench as the same thing happened at attempting 100kg 3 times

Bench 100kg Fail!

Looks like I may be disqualified? I'm not sure, so tomorrow I'm going to open up my deadlift from 185kg to be on the safe side, i feel like an idiot for attempting such a big Squat, so tomorrow 23/9/11 I'll record my Deadlift attempt, I suppose one lesson I have learned is never open with a weight that you know might bury you :(

good you learned! I played safe at first and then started going up, I finished like at 130 kg I guess, 265 pounds.

This is why we needed a test run. Not just to figure out how to post/judge it on this site, but also to figure out what works best for each of us to hit some big lifts.

And we don't really disqualify anyone. You have the whole week to post your best lift. If the lift is good, we're all happy. Take as many trys/days as you need. This is all about us setting our own PRs within a friendly competition, not a whole bunch of rules.

Agree!! I will try 275 tomorrow lol

I did all three lifts today. This morning I weighed in at 260 lbs.

Squat:

350 lbs

375 lbs

405 lbs Fail

Hope these are low enough for our group. I think I got a hair lower on the 375 attempt than the 350.

Bench:

225 lbs

250 lbs Fail

240 lbs

Failed at 250 but thought I could get 240. I knew another attempt at 250 was futile (at least today). Is it against the rules in regular meets to attempt a lighter lift on a subsequent attempt?

Deadlift:

365 lbs

405 lbs

455 lbs Fail

The 405 attempt felt good so I got a little greedy. I think I could get 425.

350 lbs Squat

375 lbs Squat

405 lbs Squat Fail

225 lbs Bench

My daughter had something going on in background and got a late start to recording.

250 lbs Bench Fail

240 lbs Bench

365 lbs Deadlift

405 lbs Deadlift

455 lbs Deadlift Fail

Here is one more. My youngest daughter going after 325 deadlift.

Just shy of class 3 according to this site -next lift will be class 2 no doubt

http://www.rawpowerlifting.com/pdf/RAWClassificationStandards.pdf

Also tried bench with grip one fingers width wider and now the front of my shoulders are aching immensely - didn't feel easier but must be a period of adjustment to it....

Well I wasn't going to enter this competition fellas because of my back injury but Neil Porter convinced me to give it a go.

Body weight is 19st 11lbs (125.6kg) / 276lbs) - when I started in January I was pushing 22stone (139kg / 208lbs).

So, squat was 150kg (330lbs) - happy with this form... felt great and might have been able to lift slightly heavier - one step at a time though.

Deadlift 190kg (418lbs) - pretty good form; I have a Zulu belt under my hoody so everything looks a little odd under there

Bench 85kg

(I do not have a video because last night I did my normal workout and then the heavy lifts... I had nothing left in the tank, Neil can verify my lift).

Thanks!

Nice lifts.

Was that a gumshield you put on for your deadlift?

Yes I can indeed verify he has lifted 85kgs on the bench - however if a video is "needed" am sure he can manage 1 rep on Sundays session and I will upload the video at that point.....

Awsome lifts, Neil!

BW - 260 pounds

Squat - 375 pounds

Bench - 240 pounds

Deadlift - 405 pounds

Total - 1,020 Pounds / 463.6 Kilograms

Wilks Points: 267,096

Nice lifts, Vaughan :)

I'm pretty sure a video is a requirement, but I'll let Mike make that call.