Sign in to follow this  
PsychoSlug

Yohimbe

I recently read about yohimbe on examine.com and am intrigued.  A forum search uncovered a smattering of logs that mention it, but most of those users appear to be long gone.  Hopefully not due to complications from yohimbe use!

Does anyone have any experience with it?  Opinions?  I'm more interested in the fat loss properties than the other effects.

Like any fat loss agent, including DNP, diet needs to be on point to get the best out of it.

Haven't used it myself.

The biggest concern I have is the mental health side-effects that are pretty evident in even the opening discussion.  I definitely wouldn't try it if you take mood stabilizing drugs, or have even the slightest bit of depression.

It's an MAOI. That concerns me. MAOIs have a lot of bad interactions with a lot of things including alcohol, many prescription and over the counter drugs and even some foods.

Thanks for the info - interesting stuff.  No issues here with prescriptions or mood stabilizing drugs conflicts.  I'm not necessarily trying it at this point, just gathering info on it.

After dropping a ton of weight, I'm stuck with the last 10-15 pounds that won't budge.  I've never tried IF and have only dabbled in fasted LISS cardio.  I'll try those first to try to break through this plateau before trying a pill.

Wikipedia also cites this when it says, "there is no conclusive evidence for yohimbine to be of benefit in bodybuilding or weight loss."

I'd avoid it, personally.

I take it currently (it's in lipo 6 black I have) I know robnar has taken it too, it works but I don't have evidence for it so I don't expect you to beleive me. It definately increases anxiety though and makes you feel... different. It helped me break a plateu in my cut, so I would just take it for the last few lbs.

There IS evidence for yohimbine and weight loss though, I will dig it out when I get home and report back.

[EDIT]https://thinksteroids.com/articles/fat-loss-yohimbine-02/

I got some a while back, I had a look at this before getting some, there wasn't any noticeable differences for me and I wont be getting it again. It does work in different ways for different people though

I was having coffee first thing [07:00] then 7 caps of the yohimbe and trained fasted, if you can get it cheap then give it a go. I didn't know it interfered with alcohol and prescriptions however