Sign in to follow this  
FatForward

The 200Lbs Rule

That's an awesome picture, Steve! Looking beastly strong...

Only the shorts could be shorter :P 

LOL. It is damn near impossible when you're deadlifting a ton of weight. That and for me, making funny faces.. avatarIS3.JPG

lol I know dat constipation face...

1898208_10152242162404728_180770108_n_zp

I have taken wearing short shorts to the extreme of rugby shorts.  I pretend this is for the convenience of lifting farmers walks handles, so they don't get trapped in my shorts, and that the bar passes my quads more freely on snatches, cleans and deadlifts (I am not quite ready to go full leotard).  But really, it is so that my glutes of steel and legs of sculpted awesomeness are more visible to the viewing public.  I caught them gawping.  I'm just giving them what they asked for.

Also, GOMAD is a stupid diet.  I prefer prefer bulking to 207.3lbs on VOWADA (vodka, waffles and plenty of dead animals).  I trust that brings clarity to the debate.  If not, zen ve vill unleash ze Luftwaffle!

Luftwaffle. Fucking hell hahaha

So now the discussion lead to a 'let's get manly below 200lbs with a lot of hair above our nipples and lips while wearing hotpants'. I love this site

So now the discussion lead to a 'let's get manly below 200lbs with a lot of hair above our nipples and lips while wearing hotpants'. I love this site

:wub::D;)

I know, right?

Nice Simon. I don't even recognize you in that photo. Was it right after GOMAD? (See I'm trying to get back on topic)

Nice Simon. I don't even recognize you in that photo. Was it right after GOMAD? (See I'm trying to get back on topic)

I didnt really do gomad, but I was eating 5 to 6000 cals a day, wasnt really monitoring weight, got to that comp and weighed in at 132.5kg / 292lb!

That may be so, but how is that relevant for people whose goal it is to become 70s big? Unless they also want to play rugby at a World Championship's level, I don't think your average 70s big enthusiast would care if he was as 'fat' as Piri Weepu. 

Nobody denies that Cecil Afrika is an incredible athlete. He's just not 70s big... Usain Bolt is also an incredible athlete, but he's not 70s big either.

Of course you can't really have many really big guys in your Sevens team. But people like Frankie Horne ( 6ft, 231; 183cm, 105kg) would still be considered 70s big, I guess. 

cd0d7c8e8db04deaaaa34f96ab41e0b5.jpg

this man is NOT below 20% BF

I'd bet money on that. and since he's al;so not an average joe, it's a bad example

re the contest, I'll jump in just to give ya'll some lols

we need a decision on the pose (will be hard to do with a selfie though

I even already have short shorts (see recent pics in my log lol)

is the mustache mandatory or optional?

sheesh, now I wish I hadn't trimmed the chest hair lol

we need a decision on the pose (will be hard to do with a selfie though

I think I will throw one of my balls over my shoulder.  You can't get more manly than a man messing with his balls.

• Upvote 1

As an official judge I propose this pose, but full body because LEGS.

dougyoung-395x400.jpg

• Upvote 2

I'm 192lbs, does this mean that I am not 70s big and cannot pose in my tighty whities :(((

We are open to all weightclasses at IS.

• Upvote 1

Wanderlei, everyone needs to get in, so we can get all empirical about the 200lbs thing

• Upvote 1

I will be submitting two entries; over 200lbs and sub 200lbs.  It will be like doing a study on biological twins, where you separate them at birth and one leads a happy normal upbringing, and the other is kept in a cold dark cupboard with venomous snakes until adulthood and given a semi automatic gun to see to what extent upbring changes a person [by way of example].

• Upvote 1

I will be submitting two entries; over 200lbs and sub 200lbs.  It will be like doing a study on biological twins, where you separate them at birth and one leads a happy normal upbringing, and the other is kept in a cold dark cupboard with venomous snakes until adulthood and given a semi automatic gun to see to what extent upbring changes a person [by way of example].

I'd expect the latter one to be one bad mofo ...

and +1 on submitting multiple entries, I trust our judges will appreciate that; and after all, we want to establish an empirical basis here. This can be an ongoing project with a list of All Time Big Men.

By the way: Should we submit here, or will there be a separate thread in the Challenges section?

There should be a different thread. Otherwise, it´s too messy. Can someone create this, I´m pretty busy today. We need the pose, the weight and judges to score how "70sBig" entrees are on a scale from 1-10 (ten being Doug Young, one being Kate Moss).

• Upvote 2

I like the grading from Kate Moss up to Doug Young, but I am pretty sure Doug Young "goes all the way up to eleven".

• Upvote 1

if I get judged Kate Moss I'm gonna be sad panda  :lol:

My 70s big role model, obviously:

REM_2010_mascotte_Obelix_ghilenejansen.j

Me too, Wand.  I'd feel like a perv if I created it myself.  

FF?

You're a mod and you feel bad creating topics? Where is this world going.... :(:P 

Come on 5.

I understand you have been appointed to be the Jury Forewoman by acclamation (well, at least nobody objected :D ). That's democracy at work. Doing the service that society demands of you is, by definition, the very opposite of being a perv.

hC5B042FC.jpg

Me too, Wand.  I'd feel like a perv if I created it myself.  

FF?

Don't be silly.  Creating it would not make you a perv.  The fact that you've been thinking about it is what makes you a perv.   :P

hey, c'mon folks, i LIKE pervs