Sign in to follow this  
BarbEricScotaku

Does Anyone Have A Calorie And Nutrient-Tracking Spreadsheet?

I tried myfitnesspal, cronometer, fitday, and a few other online trackers and they all gave me headaches because none of them suit my needs. And I'm not smart enough to make my own spreadsheet where I can type/click "Whole Milk from Dollar General*" into a cell and "2.5 cups" into an adjacent cell and have it fill out all the calories, macronutrients and micronutrients, and tally those numbers to a weekly (not daily, like every single online tracker does) goal/total. Oh, and for the spreadsheet to not have a "I want to lose X lbs by Y date" thingy, because I don't have such goals in mind, that's too neurotic for me. And going back to typing in my calories and nothing else into a text file like I did for two years makes me ill just thinking about it. Sorry if I come across as a little irritated right now but I just wasted two hours jumping through these sites' hoops only for them to not do what I want in the end. Stupid setbacks, putting out an effort to be healthy only for stuff to jump in my face and shout LOLNOPE...

* I'd be perfectly fine typing in every little detail for a specific food into another sheet ONCE, then never fretting about it ever again.

Not exactly what you're asking for, but I think nutritiondata.self.com is decent. You could add things you eat on a weekly basis to your own recipe, then see what the entire nutritional value is for the recipe/week.

Their recommendations are based on 2000kcal women intake, so I strive for double their recommendation (which I rarely make but still)

In all honesty, I think the best approach for you is to take the daily summaries from the online tracker and then have a weekly row where you calculate the totals.

It's pretty easy to sum the columns.  That way you can easily see your weekly cals/protein/carbs/fat in one place.

Out of curiosity why is it that you want this at a weekly level?  I'm having a hard time picturing what you want to do that the online trackers don't do?

Out of curiosity why is it that you want this at a weekly level?

Mostly cuz I hate the idea of worrying about getting all my micronutrients every single day; f I was just worried about my macros I'd be perfectly fine with any of the above. It'd be much less of a hassle for me to eat or drink, say, 400% Vitamin B12 on Sunday and then not worry about it again until Thursday.

I'll try that nutritiondata.self.com later, and maybe make a spreadsheet to tally just the weekly totals (if I can figure even that out, heh), thanks!

I'm not an expert, but B and C vitamins and are soluble in water, and I've heard that means you'll literally piss away any excess your body can't handle. It's not stored, like the A, D, E and K vitamins that are fat soluble. Could someone give me more info on this? (sorry not sorry for thread hijacking) If this is true, you'd have to spread out your intake more evenly.

Japer: You're right, B vitamins are water soluble and you do piss them away, you should be getting small amounts of them at each meal rather than a ton at once.

I don't know if this is still an issue, but maybe try sparkpeople? I'm happy with MFP but my girlfriend swears by SP.

Recently, Livestrong updated their "MyPlate" thing.  Their app is pretty lame, but the web interface is fairly useful.  It now has both weekly and monthly totals for Calories, Fat, Protein, Carbs, Cholesterol, Sodium, Fiber, and Sugars.

This might be what you want right there.  It's only the recent stuff, so I wouldn't count on there being more than a month's worth of data in that section.