Sign in to follow this  
sanitarium911

Why Do I Feel Like Crap Body Aches?

I have been cutting weight slowly, today i knew i was going to go to a steak house to celebrate a special occasion so i knew it would be hard to eat at a deficit, So i decided ti eat little for most of the day and then have a giant meal at night at the restaurant. I ate about 1200 cals this morning and dint eat until 8 my last meal had 2800 cals. Why do i feel like crap though even though i ate way more than i normally do. Does this cause muscle loss?

Probably because your body isn't used to getting it's Calories that way.  Also when you eat foods that are substantially different than you normally do, you always run the risk on not feeling well.  It's very likely that the micronutrient (vitamins and minerals from fruits and veggies) was a lot less than you normally eat.  It's also plausible that the amount of fat that you ate at dinner was substantially more than usual--something that always causes me problems.

If you return to your normal way of eating the unpleasant feelings will pass.

• Upvote 1

Does this cause muscle loss? lol I'm beginning to think you're subtly trolling us. 

There is nothing you could do except surgery that is going to make you lose muscle in a single day. When cutting, the basics are: eat the proper amount of calories to lose weight, eat higher than normal protein to preserve muscle, lift heavy to preserve muscle. There are plenty of different diets but the ones that work best ultimately fulfill those criteria.

As to why you felt bad, who knows? It's one day. And one day doesn't mean anything. You ate differently and felt differently. Unless you plan on making a habit out of this, and you continue to feel bad, it doesn't matter. Don't over analyze everything. Getting the basics right over long periods of time is what produces results. You worry too much.

• Upvote 3

I have been cutting weight slowly, today i knew i was going to go to a steak house to celebrate a special occasion so i knew it would be hard to eat at a deficit, So i decided ti eat little for most of the day and then have a giant meal at night at the restaurant. I ate about 1200 cals this morning and dint eat until 8 my last meal had 2800 cals. Why do i feel like crap though even though i ate way more than i normally do. Does this cause muscle loss?

mother_of_god_Half_Life_2_Lamp-s233x249-

• Upvote 1

I guess my gig of subtly adding troll bait content into my questions is up lol. But seriously i felt like crap could of been all the soy and MSG in that food.

Adding to what has been mentioned already, also the amount of food in one sit can affect your energy levels

Don't worry and just get back to your routine ;)