francozado:

BW - 200 Pounds / 90.9 Kilograms

Total - 785 Pounds / 356.8 Kilograms

Wilks Points: 226,389

Beasley:

BW - 81 Kilograms / 178.2 Pounds

Total - 280 Kilograms / 616 Pounds

Wilks Points: 189,672

Thank you to all who took the time to compete in our first powerlifting event!

We had a total of 10 official competitors. Final results are posted above. I would consider it a success, yes? I look forward to seeing our collective improvement in the spring.

Remember that your primary opponent is always YOU!

Nice job, everyone. This topic is now open to posts :)

I'd like to join Sking and NeilH in the 1000lb club. Is May a good timeframe for that? I need to add 155lb total

+60lb squat (345lb)

+35lb Bench (240lb)

+60lb Deadlift (415lb)

Great fun. I will definitely be joining the 1000+lb group next time (only 90lbs away), and aiming to go up from Class IV to Class III. I'll also see if I can get in a lower weight division while increasing what I'm lifting. In 6 months, that should be feasible. That will help my Wilks points....

Really enjoyed this "meet" - great to push yourself

I echo your comments Mike/Mav - I want to be in that club too - or the 453.5kg club using the weights in my gym (doesn't sound as catchy though does it!)

I need to increase to the following

Squat - 145kgs

Deadlift - 200kg

Bench - 110kgs

I am very confident I can get to at least these weights as 1rep maxes by May next year.

Even though I benefited from the leniency on squats not hitting parallel - I reckon now we have the first one out the way we should require strict meeting of the required form on each exercise in Mays meet.

Thanks for organising this guys. I was a real motivational boost, and I look forward to seeing everyone's improvement in the spring.

I echo your comments Mike/Mav - I want to be in that club too - or the 453.5kg club using the weights in my gym (doesn't sound as catchy though does it!)

Even though I benefited from the leniency on squats not hitting parallel - I reckon now we have the first one out the way we should require strict meeting of the required form on each exercise in Mays meet.

• Not quite as clean. But I'd be a happy member of the 454s
  • Yes, more strict form will be required next time

... the 453.5kg club using the weights in my gym (doesn't sound as catchy though does it!) ...

This the only advantage of the imperial system.

All - Thanks for making me feel welcome. I had a lot of fun with this friendly competition.

Glad to have you you with us NeilHedge (gotta make a distinction between you two now!) and it was great fun, big thanks to Steve and Mike for setting up and refereeing this event, I think it's safe to say everyone had fun.

But good looord did I lose by a big margin! Haha, I'm not surprised though, saw it coming! Goals for the next meet are gonna be quite ambitious, but then considering the time I have to do it in, they should be doable:

- Minimum of a 130 kilo / 286 lb squat. I say minimum because I feel that in the space of 8 months or whatever we have till May, adding 30 kilos to a 1RM should be easily doable as I get stronger and stronger. Of course, I have no idea how well 1RM's progress, so we'll see if my hubris humbles me or not.

- 110 kilo / 230 lb bench. It's an extra 40 kilos, but my bench press will get better as I sort my imbalances out, so it should get a little bit of an extra boost there.

- 3 plate / 140 kilo / 315 lb deadlift. Again, this is the minimum of what I aim for, considering how I'm fixing up my deadlift technique which will help boost the lift in and of itself, and then there's all that time I have to train.

Assuming I hit all those, I'll have a 380 kilo / 836 lb total, which is a lot more than I have now. A lot of improvement to be made, but I'm an ambitious bugger ^_^

My aim, hook or by crook, is to be in the 500s for the next competition. The hard work starts tomorrow!

I think its safe to say the next event in May will have a lot more people - and of course will also be a lot harder to get placed :-)

A lot of really strong guys have joined lately from SL forum - so it's a real incentive to push yourself even harder to make sure you're there or thereabouts when it happens..

Mike - a suggestion if possible - when the event is held next time how about giving the top 3 a gold/silver/bronze background to their profile area in left hand side of posts - I think that would be a nice little touch so people have something to show their hard work - then it pushes them so they don't lose it at the subsequent meeting?

If I can do that then It's a good idea.

Cool event, and some awfully close races in there. Except for that guy at the top, of course. :D SKing will be very tough to beat in these things. Those are some monster numbers, Steve! How long have you been lifting?

Cool event, and some awfully close races in there. Except for that guy at the top, of course. :D SKing will be very tough to beat in these things. Those are some monster numbers, Steve! How long have you been lifting?

Thanks, IB! I started SL on February 9 this year. Before that, I've done BB type stuff on and off for the last 16 years though. Probably like 4 on, 5 off, 2 on, 4 off, 1 on.

Wow - some really big strong guys joined now - can we split this contest next time to under/over 100kgs - otherwise I will not even register

Lol

:-)

Wow - some really big strong guys joined now - can we split this contest next time to under/over 100kgs - otherwise I will not even register

Lol

:-)

We'll figure something out that is both fair and competitive

We'll figure something out that is both fair and competitive

Awesome - competition is good - but not against people like LSG :D

Awesome - competition is good - but not against people like LSG :D

It's fun to chase the big lifters. I keep telling myself that I might catch up to Simon if, for instance, he takes a bite of an enchanted apple and falls into a deep slumber for seven years.

I keep telling myself that I might catch up to Simon if, for instance, he takes a bite of an enchanted apple and falls into a deep slumber for seven years.

If I get where I want by the next competition, I'll be very happy and nail 350,000+ wilks points

So when is the next competition coming? Are these the scores to break?

Is there going to be a hall of fame or something? :P (which would be cool)

Is there going to be a hall of fame or something? :P (which would be cool)

I wonder about that too. Because the neat thing about having a forum that has profile fields for gender, body weight, and PRs on the big three, is that such a thing could be entirely automated. It wouldn't be too much trouble to query out all that data, compute the Wilks scores, and compile a list or three. Of course it's up to the guys running the site whether they want to do something like this or not.

These are all good ideas. The PL competition was a brainstorm by Beasely and we are trying to figure out the best ways to manage this. The inaugural competition was expectedly a little rough around the edges.

Not sure what it will need to make your suggestion happen, but I'm all for it.

+1, IB and Mav...I tallied up 10. I can't imagine taking on 500.

Well done to all who competed!

Great work!

Sign in to follow this