Sign in to follow this  
littlesimongeorge

2013 - Your Best Lifts / Achievements

So coming towards the end of another year how did you get on during 2013.

Doesn't have to be lifts as such, could be weight loss or a bulk transformation too.

I didn't do a hell of a lot strength wise.

Best lifts were:

Deadlift 235kg/518lb x5

Bench 140kg/308lb 3x5

I snatched 100kg @77kg

I did a powerlifting meet where I competed in the 165lb class and PR'd my squat by 15lbs (400lbs), and my bench by 15lbs (280lbs). I did it totally raw, beltless and wrapless, and was the only one who walked my squat out of the monolift :P Aside from that, can't think of anything.

I snatched 100kg @77kg

I did a powerlifting meet where I competed in the 165lb class and PR'd my squat by 15lbs (400lbs), and my bench by 15lbs (280lbs). I did it totally raw, beltless and wrapless, and was the only one who walked my squat out of the monolift :P Aside from that, can't think of anything.

nice work!

I got a 100kg snatch once, I like big girls...

:D

nice work!

I got a 100kg snatch once, I like big girls...

:D

LOL.  

Nice job guys.

Best lift as far as e1RM was my Deadlift- 7x535lbs a few weeks ago.  e1RM was 642.   I had some good sets earlier in the year like 8x500 but this one stood out.   The video is in the IS Nov 2013 comp thread http://ironstrong.org/index.php?/topic/2326-november-2013-ironstrong-power-lifting-competition/?p=227600

Working on the squat now so hopefully I will have some new highs with that for next year.

Not the greatest year, but made some progress. Had injuries for about 4-5 months of it so not too bad.

Bodyweight: 96kg (Jan 2013) to 86kg (now)

Squat 180kg x 1 (Jan 2013) to 205kg x 1

Deadlift 210kg x 1 (Jan 2013) to a STRONG 220kg x 1 (havn't tried heavier but probably have 230!)

OHP: 55kg x 5 to 62.5kg x 4

Bench: Fuck knows as I was plagued with a shoulder injury for a long time, id guess about 80kg x 3 (2012) to 85kg x 8 (Present)

Not amazing progress for a year, but good in terms of fat loss, and considering i've lost weight and injuries the lifts havn't gone down so it could be a lot worse! As simon would say onwards and upwards!

Hmmmm...let me see -

Biggest achievement has been getting back on the bandwagon after badly falling off it.

Apart from that,

Squat - 185lb - 8 reps has been best so far in terms of repping

Bench - 115lb - 12 reps again best so far in terms of repping

OHP - 85lb - 10 reps and 90lb - 8 reps. This is one lift which has moved well recently. (Fingers crossed)

No improvement in triples or single maxes.

I deadlifted 160kg and did a chinup with 45kg added, both at 75kg bw. I also reached my goal 100kg squat after about 3 years (stop laughing). I know it's nothing special for most of you but I'm happy with being stronger than before, and stronger than the average human being.

I'm happy with being stronger than before, and stronger than the average human being.

That's all that matters, well done mate!

Nice achievements folks.

For me I have gone from weighing over 94kg down to 85.8kg currently while moving my bench press up to 115kg from 110kg, and deadlift up to 205kg from 200kg. A small increase on the deadlift but I had not lifted that since the end of 2010 when I started getting ill, I regained it this year at the lighter bodyweight and have now moved slightly beyond it.

Squatting has not been great however (170kg at 94kg to 160kg at current weight).

Not massive gains, but good weight loss and the biggest training achievement of the year has been training consistently without letting ill health take over and set me back. I think 2014 is going to be a good year for training :)

But the biggest overall achievement for me in 2013 was becoming a father for the first time :)

I deadlifted 160kg and did a chinup with 45kg added, both at 75kg bw. I also reached my goal 100kg squat after about 3 years (stop laughing). I know it's nothing special for most of you but I'm happy with being stronger than before, and stronger than the average human being.

Nice job and way to stay at it. 

Nice job and way to stay at it. 

Yeah I never looked at it like that, thanks!

That's all that matters, well done mate!

Cheers :D

But the biggest overall achievement for me in 2013 was becoming a father for the first time :)

Awesome!

It's been awhile but I deadlifted 405 without a belt early in the year and squatted over 300 for the first time since 2003 about midway through I believe. Pressed a plate, which I found more satisfying than deadlifting 4 plates honestly, and later pressed 155. I also did a chin up with +100 lbs. The last one I'm probably most proud of. Modest numbers overall but for a tall skinny lawyer sitting at a desk all day it could be worse haha.

My composition results were:

• Squat: Belted 385 lb -> unbelted 400 lb
  • Bench: Belted 245 lb -> unbelted 275 lb
  • Deadlift: unbelted 470 lb -> unbelted 505 lb

Quite disappointed in the squat progress over the year, because both of those numbers did not represent the work I put in over all this time.  I finally got myself a coach, and we are making the changes necessary to fix these problems.  I'm hoping that my squat in competition will match the work I've put in in April of 2014.

I am pleased with the progress on the bench--I was a few inches short of bagging 290 lbs.  Deadlift also had more room in it, but 2014 will be about taking off the drab reporter exterior to expose the bright blue suit with the symbol of hope for all to see.

Awesome chin PR sir!

Not the greatest year, but made some progress. Had injuries for about 4-5 months of it so not too bad.

Bodyweight: 96kg (Jan 2013) to 86kg (now)

Squat 180kg x 1 (Jan 2013) to 205kg x 1

Deadlift 210kg x 1 (Jan 2013) to a STRONG 220kg x 1 (havn't tried heavier but probably have 230!)

OHP: 55kg x 5 to 62.5kg x 4

Bench: Fuck knows as I was plagued with a shoulder injury for a long time, id guess about 80kg x 3 (2012) to 85kg x 8 (Present)

Not amazing progress for a year, but good in terms of fat loss, and considering i've lost weight and injuries the lifts havn't gone down so it could be a lot worse! As simon would say onwards and upwards!

Still though went over 200kg on the squat, that's a huge milestone!

2013 has been a transitional year for me.  My best achievements:

1. Educating myself on proper strength training form and programming, and doing something about the lean body mass I lost in 2012 while on a serious cut.
  2. Increasing my mobility enough so that I can actually hit parallel without too much shoulder and hip pain while low-bar squatting.
  3. Single progression across all lifts from the empty bar up to where I am today.  Upper body progression - B+.  Lower body progression - C. 
  4. Realizing and coming to terms with the fact that my mobility and training still has a long way to go and that I need more structured guidance from a coach.
  5. Starting my coach's customized nutrition, training and mobility program in the next few days.  Hey, it is still 2013 so it counts!

2014 is going to be interesting.

2013 has been a transitional year for me.

This holds true for me as well. I am still transitioning into weightlifting and getting used to it, so the progress in numbers isn´t all that great. Lots of injuries and gym-related-setbacks, too. What matters is how those numbers come to be, and how consistently I can hit them with good technique. Anyways:

Snatch: 87kg, but never to depth -> 95kg proper snatch, had some retarded misses with 100, but that and more should easily be in the bag now

Clean & Jerk: 120kg -> 132kg. I can clean more on a regular basis, but I´m having a hard time with the jerks

Frontsquat: 150 or so -> 162kg after a lot of volume, and 150kg x3

So basically, training for me is mainly about transfering my not so bad general strength to an acceptable level of special strength in weightlifting. This means developing sound technique and a proper mindset...and staying injury-free.

Oh, and I also managed to bloat myself up to an alltime high of 111kg and get down to ~105 again in a relatively short amount of time. Dieting really is simple.