Sign in to follow this  
Whiteboii

What's Your Fastest Mile?

What do you think is an above average mile? And what is your personal best?

Last time I ran one, was last year, around 7:15.

I personally think an above average mile would be under 6 mins.

Thoughts?

I think my best was in Senior year of high school and I ran 6:20 without running the whole year. I had been squatting for two years by that point though.

Damn, that's pretty boss..

I never ran more the 220 yards in school, I think my fastest mile though was maybe 8 minutes lol

4 minutes was considered impossible at one time, but now 4 minute milers are pretty common

I do agree that 6 minutes is pretty good, IIRC the US army considers 2 miles in 12 minutes to be a top run speed for young soldiers (highest possible score on PT test for that event)

Oh wow, that's great to know. It would be awesome to have the ability to run under 6 min mile at any given time

When I boxed I ran a 7min mile @245lb bodyweight.

The shin splints was something terrible lol

haha if you get up on the balls of your feet (like when you run in place) shinsplints are not an issue

haha if you get up on the balls of your feet (like when you run in place) shinsplints are not an issue

I was, still got shin splints. :'(

In high school when I still played hockey I could run a sub six minute mile, could do 5 miles in 30 minutes, that was before I ever touched a barbell. I was 5'6 120 lbs. back then.

A comfortable, sustainable pace puts me at around a 10 minute mile.  I can run like that for 4-6 miles though (or at least I could before I started strength training).  I've never tested top speed for an entire mile.  My best guess is that I'd have a hard time sustaining anything under 8 long enough to hit a mile.  Might have to try that sometime. 

Not sure what my fastest mile is, but I often jog after the gym and average a 7-7:30 mile for 5-8 miles, so i'd say a 6 something mile for one mile is possible :)

Moved into the 19th Century crew

Only runs in metric

How many pennies to your league now?

• Upvote 1