Sign in to follow this  
gun

Any Girls Around Here??

Hi all, I am a lady lifter returning to Stronglifts 5x5 after a hiatus of several months (changed programs and fractured my ankle in the gym). Am thrilled to be here with so many other powerful women and so many supportive men.

I am 52 years old and started lifting about a year ago. My husband and son think I'm cool. That's all that matters.

Hi all, I am a lady lifter returning to Stronglifts 5x5 after a hiatus of several months (changed programs and fractured my ankle in the gym). Am thrilled to be here with so many other powerful women and so many supportive men.

I am 52 years old and started lifting about a year ago. My husband and son think I'm cool. That's all that matters.

You go, MamaD!

My husband and son think I'm cool. That's all that matters.

You know it mamadolphin!! I'd love to follow your training.

haha love it! Welcome!

New to lifting, doing stronglifts 5x5.

Good to have you aboard!

Hi there!

I'm doing SL 5x5. Training for my first Strongwoman competition in November 2011 in Sydney, Australia.

Wow so many strong women on here :) Yay!

New girl here! Recently bagan lifting, switched to SL5x5 2 days ago.

I'm new to this site. I'm not doing Stronglifts, but I love to lift heavy and train hard!

I'm new to this site. I'm not doing Stronglifts, but I love to lift heavy and train hard!

what program are you doing?

what program are you doing?

I'm doing my own thing. Am I going to get ripped apart for that? I would be happy to post it, but it might take up a lot of room. I was thinking about starting a training log here, but I'm not exactly sure where to post it. Maybe intermediate???

There's a number of folks doing their own thing. It's no problem.

As to beginner vs. intermediate/advanced, how often do you increment your weights? If it's every session, put it in beginner. If it's weekly or longer, put it in the intermediate/advanced section.

If you've got a madness to your method, it helps others following your log if talk a little about what you are doing.

I'm doing my own thing. Am I going to get ripped apart for that?

Nope. I think part of the founding ethos of this place was to not rip folks apart for "not doing the program". Many of us are refugees from forums where people "not doing the program" received a lof grief and little help.

Given your lifts I think a lot of folks would be interested in "your own thing" because it seems to be working!

I posted a log, but I don't see it right now. Maybe it's because I'm new and need approval. Or maybe I did something wrong!

You should see it now

Hello!!! I'm new to this forum =) I've been weightlifting since March this year. I started on SL - and had great success on that program. My partner ScottT and I sadly had a 2 month break when moving between cities =( and have only just got back into lifting 7 weeks ago. We are finally getting back up to our previous PR's through the 'Starting Strength' program.

Welcome aboard Cas. Is that you in the avatar? If yes, you are pretty ripped - I mean pretty & ripped.

Welcome aboard. I thought I recognized you from ScottT's videos.

If yes, you are pretty ripped - I mean pretty & ripped.

Pretty, riped and STRONG! Wow. I'm totally jealous. You only started in March, you had a 2 month layoff, and those are your lifts?!? I'm beyond impressed and I'm totally going to you stalk you in least scary way I can. <_<

Hahahaha!!! Cheers Amy ^_^ Your lifts are very impressive also!! I'm envious of how strong your Deadlifts are to the rest of your lifts! Deadlifts are my achilles heel! My partner Deadlifts far more than he Squats - which makes me feel retarded at times. But I'm working on it! Just need to dedicate more time to the Deads! In retrospect, I have chewed out hundreds more Squats than Deadlifts whilst on 'Stronglifts' and 'Starting Strength' - so I guess I'm just used to the Squat mechanics more so. Anywho, another challenge to overcome!

When did you start weight training Amy? I'm just impressed to see so many girls on here that enjoy lifting - and have achieved awesome results. I've been trying to get girls I know into weightlifting to no avail :(

To Berin: Gosh, I forgot that I cameo'd in most of ScottT videos. lol. I am so impressed by ScottT. And owe him credit, for getting me involved in weightlifting! Awesome boyfriend and gym partner!

Though to be honest, it's hard to not compare myself to him when lifting. I have to keep telling myself that he will naturally lift more weight due to his sex. He's a little machine!

To Guru: Thank you for the compliment! Currently I'm trying to eat more to lift more. And not worry too much on aesthetics- but even so, my body hasn't changed much just due to the weightlifting.

I guess I'm lucky that I'm tall, and my body seems to thrive on heavy lifting! I never possessed abs until July this year. And to be honest, I've never felt so comfortable in my skin till now! :lol:

Hello!!! I'm new to this forum =) I've been weightlifting since March this year. I started on SL - and had great success on that program. My partner ScottT and I sadly had a 2 month break when moving between cities =( and have only just got back into lifting 7 weeks ago. We are finally getting back up to our previous PR's through the 'Starting Strength' program.

Just so you know there is expectations here when you represent Queensland. ;)