Sign in to follow this  
gun

Any Girls Around Here??

I am a girl who does Stronglifts 5x5. Would be nice to see some other girls in here. Reveal yourselves!

And please recruit more!

I've tried recruiting women from the SL FB page (as well as through the IS twitter account), but it's proven rather difficult. I hope in time, as this site grows, it doesn't remain a sausage fest :D

I've tried recruiting women from the SL FB page (as well as through the IS twitter account), but it's proven rather difficult. I hope in time, as this site grows, it doesn't remain a sausage fest :D

That really made me chuckle...

Just joined, and last time I checked, I was a female. So I probably still am. :)

I no longer do SL 5x5, though.

Great to have you aboard! If you aren't doing SL5x5, what are you doing now? Some of us are doing Starting Strength and others have moved on to Madcow or some other intermediate program.

Great to have you aboard! If you aren't doing SL5x5, what are you doing now?

Thanks!

I'm starting Hepburn's A routine (the 8x2 one) tomorrow. Definitely looking forward to it. :D

I'm starting Hepburn's A routine (the 8x2 one) tomorrow. Definitely looking forward to it. :D

Cool

I'm a girl :)

Been doing SL 5x5 for about 2 months with a couple of weeks break in between when I had an equipment failure!

Working towards my goal of squatting 1x BW by the end of December which I think is achievable.

Welcome! Look forward to seeing the logs on the site.

Working towards my goal of squatting 1x BW by the end of December which I think is achievable.

Great goal.

And welcome.

Hey, thanks for the welcome!

I'll start a log after my next workout on Wed...

Welcome! Just thought I'd share this for some inspiration for the ladies:

http://www.motherfit...-the-tlag-gang/

great link, thanks!

I'm here too, just joined and hope this forum will be better towards women then the other one I was visiting regularly.

I'm here too, just joined and hope this forum will be better towards women then the other one I was visiting regularly.

Welcome Teri

Hi giiiiirlzzz! Awesome to see you here :-) Maybe we can create a division for the girls in the next competition we'll have here..? That would be fun! :-)

Not a girl, but glad that IS is encouraging female lifters. To that end, I'm proposing that we have a Code of Conduct that would include respect between the sexes; my original draft is up for discussion at http://ironstrong.org/index.php/topic/345-code-of-conduct/. I'd appreciate any thoughts and input you might have.

Hey, another girl here. Currently doing SL 5x5.

Hi Ladies (and gents)~

Another girl here. Doing my own bastardized version of Madcow 5x5. Look forward to following all of your logs.

Kathy

You might try advertising on the "Fierce. Fit. Fearless" FB page. That's an all-women FB group for lifting/IF

You might try advertising on the "Fierce. Fit. Fearless" FB page. That's an all-women FB group for lifting/IF

Thanks

70sbig.com Mondays.... I'm pretty sure Justin won't care if there's a link in the comments section... there's a pretty good number of women that follow him, especially on the Monday posts.