Sign in to follow this  
boldbouncer

Sore Lower Back

I've been doing stronglifts for about 4 months now.

About a week and a half ago, i did heavy deadlifts with bad form. I was trying to get 5 reps. I only got 2 in, and my back was rounding. After that, my lower back has been sore. I tried to repeat the same weight 4 days later then 8 days later, but I couldn't get the bar off the ground. 

My back felt fine for a bit then I squatted. I'm currently in a deload for squats, after my 1 set of 5, my lower back felt really sore again.

I think I may have a strained lumbar erector. I'm gonna stop deadlifting and rowing for awhile. I don't know if I should for the squat though. I would hate to lose all my squat progress. 

What do you think is the best approach to this?

Thanks.

Don't squat, deadlift or row for at least a week, if not two and give your back some time to heal.

This early on in your lifting you don't want to be rolling a strain ahead of you, that's just asking for a full on injury.  Once you return I'd recommend deloading the squat and deadlift 20% and working from there 

Thanks Bjarni. I think I'll do that. I've a volleyball tournament on Nov 16. I'll resume squatting, cleans, deads, and rows after that.

I repeat what Bjarni said. Good plan to get back to lifting after the tournament.