Sign in to follow this  
NeilPorter

Funny Posts And Replies

I thought it would be fun to have a thread collating all those funny retorts and banter that goes on in the various logs on here, because after all we don't all follow each log, so this way we get to see stuff we may have otherwise missed. 

I will post with what has to be my favourite on here so far...with a question by Vlad and a response from (safe to say I think) resident comedian MarkG. Genuinely spat my drink out laughing at this - and still laughing now every time I read it. 

Nice session, Steve. How close is your close grip on the bench press?

I like to grip the bar so close that I'm actually touching it.

Enjoy :D

• Upvote 2

Haha! Thanks for the special mention, Neil! I figure if you throw enough bad jokes out there someone will like one of them. :)

I enjoy all of Mark's bad jokes.

I am honored my log had the first entry... :)

Mark says some funny stuff... I have spit some coffee out at work reading a few of them.

I had a good laugh at this: 

Once upon a time there was a man called, Art.  And Art was not very good at making up his mind which program he wanted to do.  So every day Art would pick a new program, but then he would decide he did not like it anymore and pick another one.  And this went on for as long as any one could remember, including Art.  Then one day Art resolved to stick to a program, but he could not decide which one.  Then he said fuck it and lo, it was fucked.  Well, it had been fucked for a long time, because Art had broken the third rule of programming.  The first rule being, don't talk about programming.  The second rule being, don't talk about programming.  The third rule being, be consistent.  Art had consistently been so inconsistent that all was fucked and Art was in dire need of making a strong commitment to a program to finally get some god damned gainz.

That's where we are up to.

Credit to Rob.

http://ironstrong.org/index.php?/topic/1987-modern-arts-defranco-inspired-531-confessions-of-a-washed-up-meathead/?p=208061

• Upvote 2

I PMSL'd at the one from Rob as well.  Never thought to put it in here.  Good work, Kenn!

...and lo, it was fucked...brilliant. :)

I am both proud and ashamed to have inspired that one  :lol:

I legit laughed hard at that comment from Rob.

Thats fucking brilliant lol

Aw geez guys.

I'd like to thank Art for being a source of inspiration and Marc for being a source of inspiration irritation.

LOL I forgot that one

Well this is in response to a few posts in LSG's log about tracking wilks scores and max lifts over a few years with excel sheets and charts...then Rob wades in with the funniest post I have personally ever read on here. 
Hats off Rob - and you need to up your game MarkG :P

I see...

hurr-durr-hurrdurr-graph.png

I always did think you looked a little like Carol Vorderman.

Art can be do cutting with just two lower case letters.

Art can be do cutting with just two lower case letters.

Hats off Rob - and you need to up your game MarkG :P

I know mate but there's no keeping up with Rob when he's in this kind of form.   HURRDURR....pmsl.