Sign in to follow this  
bigbear36

Beta-Alanine And Creatine

What is your CM dosing?  I've been doing 3g 2x per day with one dose pre-workout.

8g in one shot sounds like a big dose.  That has to be a really sour pre-workout.  

Sorry Michail, I missed this.  I dose 8g in one shot pre work out because that is what they do in the studies.  If there is a benefit, I just copy what they did and try and evaluate for myself from there.  As for the tatse, it's not that bad.  I dilute in 500ml of water minimum and before I added CM I just had EAA and BCAA, which if anything are improved by the addition of CM :)

Hmm.  All I do for pre-workout is eat a snack.  Afterwards I'll have a shake with 5g Creatine Monohydrate.  Perhaps a second dose of that the last thing I eat in the day.  I usually wake up pretty hungry.

I guess it is whatever floats your boat.  I do not need these to train, I just quite like them.  I am a bit more focused and may perform slightly better.  At the moment I am putting my heart and soul into training to achieve the best natural re-comp I'm capable of achieving - at other times I may be less bothered about trying to get an edge.

I'm also getting up at 5:30 am most days at the moment and I'm pretty tired when I get to train in the evening.

I'll bear that in mind...  I've been toying with the idea of getting up earlier for some conditioning work after my next competition.  That would be separate from the normal training in the afternoon.  I'm pretty sure I'll be zapped for energy then.

Hmm.  All I do for pre-workout is eat a snack.  Afterwards I'll have a shake with 5g Creatine Monohydrate.  Perhaps a second dose of that the last thing I eat in the day.  I usually wake up pretty hungry.

You know what Mav, the more people who offer up a supplement and the more I research I'm really starting to think that your right, save the money and keep it simple, unless your jacking roids, are we merely parting with our hard earned cash for a subconscious buzz?

You know what Mav, the more people who offer up a supplement and the more I research I'm really starting to think that your right, save the money and keep it simple, unless your jacking roids, are we merely parting with our hard earned cash for a subconscious buzz?

Though I agree with the sentiment, that's not quite right.  The only thing that will make a material difference to your appearance are AAS (as well as improved performance) and HGH and other banned substances.  However, some supplements can increase your performance in the gym (caffeine, creatine, CM, and BA to a limited extent if dosed properly).  And that takes us to my greatest pet hate - practically all supplements are marketed by guys on copious amounts of AAS, and it is implicit that you can look like that by taking supplements.  You can't.  And that branches off into another pet hate of mine, 95% of all supplmeents on the market don't make any appreciable difference to you performance.

It all depends what your expectations are.  If you think one or two extra reps each in a few exercises each session is worth a £30 to £50 a month then you'll be hapy with the supplements discussed in this thread.  If you're hoping for more than that I would not waste your money.

Though I agree with the sentiment, that's not quite right.  The only thing that will make a material difference to your appearance are AAS (as well as improved performance) and HGH and other banned substances.  However, some supplements can increase your performance in the gym (caffeine, creatine, CM, and BA to a limited extent if dosed properly).  And that takes us to my greatest pet hate - practically all supplements are marketed by guys on copious amounts of AAS, and it is implicit that you can look like that by taking supplements.  You can't.  And that branches off into another pet hate of mine, 95% of all supplmeents on the market don't make any appreciable difference to you performance.

It all depends what your expectations are.  If you think one or two extra reps each in a few exercises each session is worth a £30 to £50 a month then you'll be hapy with the supplements discussed in this thread.  If you're hoping for more than that I would not waste your money.

I hear ya Rob, totally agree with pet hates, been around long enough to know the marketing bs. I'll have too put my kevlar on and tiptoe through the minefield lol, think I will give the CM a go when Im a couple of weeks into BA.

For me it's that I'm training 7 days a week now.  I want to make sure my recovery is as optimal as possible. 

Also, most of the pwo supplements are way under-dosed on the good stuff and have too many stimulants. 

Sorry to revive this old thread but does anyone know if there are negative side effects for long term usage of L-tyrosine? Is it something that would need to be cycled to maintain the effectiveness?

Don't do it brah.

orangutan%20square.jpg

Always check out Examine.com: http://examine.com/supplements/L-Tyrosine/

It's affects are considered minor.

I have looked at Examine already. Where did you find info about side effects?

Sorry to revive this old thread but does anyone know if there are negative side effects for long term usage of L-tyrosine? Is it something that would need to be cycled to maintain the effectiveness?

Without going into much detail, supplementation with L-Tyrosine stimulates the synthesis and release of catecholamines by adrenal glands. Ergo, you adrenal glands are made to work harder than they normally do, just as when you use other stimulatory supplements. It, therefore, follows that a prudent man wouldn't have his adrenal glands working in overdrive on a regular basis.

Does it answer your question? :)

Ty KaktusBrah

Loving this topic, great discussion, examples and links

Yet it still leads me to a few questions/comments. (it may be necessary to start another topic in this forum)

click here for new topic

~

Out of all your individual experience with Pre/Intra-workout supplements, it seems that the most beneficial combo would be...

5-10g BCAA

100-200mg Caffeine 

1-2g L-Tyrosine (necessary to cycle on and off)

4-8g Citrulline Maleate (or L-Citrulline)

~

I agree with the idea that keeping it as simple as possible (Art's comment - justing eating) may be a more long term approach.

~

Don't you guys think it is also necessary, when determining the benefits of such supps as mentioned, to include sleeping habits, food type intake/timing, life stress, age and the like?

~

Is it possible that a lot of what we may find as benefits from supplementation to be psychosomatic - or the placebo effect in some cases?

~

With these things said, my goal right now is to minimize what I have to buy (supplement wise) and maintain my strength/power/fitness goals. Since diet is a major part, I've been working towards a much more natural application of all food intake and timing.

~Would love to know your thoughts

[This post is the first in a new topic here]