Sign in to follow this  
Whiteboii

Can't Sleep Consistently For 8 Hours.

For a while now i haven't been able to sleep for the right amount of hours consistently. For example today, i woke up like 3 times.

I don't have sleep apnea, so i don't know what it could be.

However this doesn't happen when I'm REALLY tired like if i stay up all night and go to sleep like 3 in the morning. When this happens, i pretty much sleep the whole time.

Any thoughts? I think it could be that i'm just not consistent with my sleeping schedule. I'll try again today and see if it happens again.

Being consistent with yohr sleep cycle is very important, otherwise your body doesn't know when to release melatonin.

With that said, things that will also help include:

-Magnesium (400-800 mg) cannot be magnesium oxide.

-Melatonin (2-5 mg, preferably with b6 included)

-Shutting off anything that makes light or sounds that isn't white noise (tv doesn't count)

-Lowering the thermostat (65-75 degrees)

Doing those things helped take me from an insomnoac to sleeping 8-10 hours a night consistently.

• Upvote 1

-Shutting off anything that makes light or sounds that isn't white noise (tv doesn't count)

Turn off most of your lights early too. This helps me the most.

I used to struggle sleeping, and the best thing I have done is no longer have a TV in my bedroom. I think due to watching TV as I was trying to fall asleep my mind never shutdown and I either couldn't get to sleep very easily or kept waking up. 
now if you dont have a TV in your room this wont apply of course but it is worth mentioning...

I've found that not living at the base of an active volcano has done wonders for my sleeping. This may not apply to you and probably isn't worth mentioning.

I've found that not living at the base of an active volcano has done wonders for my sleeping. This may not apply to you and probably isn't worth mentioning.

You'd have been ok if you had a TV to drown out the noise from the volcano :P

:D