Sign in to follow this  
boldbouncer

Dips And Pullups

I've been doing SL 5x5 for a few weeks now. I can do pull ups and dips for 3 sets of 10.

Should I move on to 5x5 with dips and pull ups with additional weight?

How do y'all incorporate dips and pullups in your routines?

In my version of the SL ebook (v2) it says when you can do 15 on the first set you move to 3x5 with added weight

I'd say you're ready to add weight, you dont have to go 5x5, you could keep to the 3x10

Unless you have previous experience, it sounds a bit unlikely to me that a few weeks of stronglifts have been enough to get your pullups up to 3x10. Are you sure you're not doing half reps, lots of kipping etc.?

Unless you have previous experience, it sounds a bit unlikely to me that a few weeks of stronglifts have been enough to get your pullups up to 3x10. Are you sure you're not doing half reps, lots of kipping etc.?

may of been good at pull ups long before stronglifts mate, we cant assume he's doing them wrong just because he's new to stronglifts. :)

may of been good at pull ups long before stronglifts mate, we cant assume he's doing them wrong just because he's new to stronglifts. :)

I know, that's why I said 'unless you have any previous experience'. If he can do 3x10 pullups with great form after only a few weeks though, I'd love to take his advice.

Yeah I've done some pullups and dips before I started SL 5x5, so I can do the full ROM. 

I've just been doing dips after day A for 5x5 with added weight. 

On day B I've been doing pull ups one day and chin ups the other day for 5x5 with added weight.