Sign in to follow this  
littlesimongeorge

"dat Supplements" Roundtable Thread

The only thing I know about it is what Mr. 5's CrossFitting friend told me: he took it in high school and got acne and felt angry (correlation or causation? who knows).

This, particularly the angry part, describes 99% of the male teenage population, regardless of whether or not they take creatine.

For me -

• 1 - 3 scoops of whey protein
  • 3000mg fish oil
  • 3000mg flax seed oil
  • 1000IU Vitamin D3
  • 5 - 10mg creatine monohydrate
  • Plant enzymes

• Upvote 1

I like to try different stuff, but I usually stick with these:

• Multi-vitamin, which I like to make sure is pretty complete
  • D3-vitamin, this helps with my sleep
  • Magnesium for avoiding muscle cramps. The stuff I use happens to be a ZMA-copy
  • Creatine and beta-alanine, these reduce the DOMS I get and the effect is increased when I stack them
  • BCAA/EAA pre-workout if I train fasted. I don't get sick from training when I take it

I like to think all of those are important, but if I really had to loose one, it would be the BCAA/EAA. I would just have some food instead. Multi-vitamin would be the next one to go, creatine and BA next, D3 after those and the magnesium last. I hate to wake up in the night when my calve is cramping! I think I'll stick with all of these for a long time. If I don't train much it's just the multi and D3, so training affects what my needs are.

I like to make eatable desserts with protein powders, I actually haven't drank much of those lately. This is pure luxury for me.

This, particularly the angry part, describes 99% of the male teenage population, regardless of whether or not they take creatine.

For me -

• 1 - 3 scoops of whey protein
  • 3000mg fish oil
  • 3000mg flax seed oil
  • 1000IU Vitamin D3
  • 5 - 10mg creatine monohydrate
  • Plant enzymes

personal-trainer-meme-generator-creatine-is-a-steroid-trust-me-brah-631607.jpg

• Upvote 1

530520152618568153894856.png
  • Upvote 1

530520152618568153894856.png

Haha. Awesome photo...I like how his arm is on a box for a water panel for a HVAC Humidifier. :)

I like to think I keep things reasonable simple:

Pre-workout: C4

Intra-workout: Purple PsyKO, White Flood

Creatine Monohydrate (post-WO and on off days, ~5ish grams)

Protein: varies, but currently some ON and ProNOM 23

General: fish oils (3-5 caplets/day), Vitamin C (500mg), Zinc (50mg), Vitamin D (2,000 IU).

If I had to say my must-have, it would be my pre-workout. I've gone through a lot of them and C4 is my standard. I generally hit the gym around 5am, and without that caffeine I'd fall asleep. Other than that, I could likeyl make due with water and food, but I like the convenience and flavor of a lot of these supps.

Some more details:

C4: 2 scoops, enjoy all the flavors; has creatine mono in it

White flood: would be my #2 choice for pre, but I like the C4. One scoop during keeps a good focus going

Purple PsyKO: enjoy the flavor, plus the couple grams of protein seem to lift me that extra little bit

ProNOM 23: both great flavors, mix well with water and are a blend of proteins

For my general supplements, I guess it's hard to say if any of them have made a huge difference. Since adding in the larger dose (500mg) of Vit-C (Reacta-C, supposed to be slow-release) I find I really don't get sick, even when people around me are.