Sign in to follow this  
NeilPorter

Is Pwl Meet May 12Th-18Th 2013

Hello fellow ironstrongers - welcome to the 4th IS Powerlifting "virtual" meet.

As always - the 3 lifts are

• Squat
  • Bench
  • Deadlift

The rules are simple enough but full details are here

• Lifts all valid
  • Videoed and uploaded within the dates in the title
  • You can enter another better lift as long at is within this date period - please amend your post and make it clear it is an improved lift..

Here are the previous competitions:

November 2012

results and competition videos

May 2012

Results and competition videos

Sept 2011

Inaugural competition

Huge thanks to Johnr for his online entry form for you to record all your lifts

http://rippon.org.nz...ift_ranking.php

The topic itself will open on the 5th May, until then it's locked as just a heads up so we can get more entries by giving time for you to plan it in and not disrupt your training too much

So far my fellow mod Steve (sking) has won all 3 comps - can this be the year someone topples him?

Good luck everyone. :D

Thread is open for discussion! Unfortunately I don't think I'll get the chance to properly participate as I have a meet in 5 weeks and all my training is already planned out for that, but good luck to everyone taking part!

I'm in! Just finished a 531 cycle, so the timing is perfect.

Gonna head off and push out some deads now, see how it goes.

Here's my results with a bum leg, ab doms and carb depleted body. :P

BW 75kg

Squat 150kg

DL 180kg

BP 90kg

Total 420kg

No chalk, no belt, no nothing! If it weren't a public gym, there'd be no clothes either!

Here's my contribution so far... Just was gonna hit a moderately heavy single to not interfere with my meet prep but it felt easy so I turned it into a double:

OK here my lifts

Deadlift 180kg

Bench 82.5kg

Squats 140kg

I'm not sure if I went deep enough there, so here's my 130kg attempt just in case

I weighed myself at 91.4kg.

Total weight of either 180+140+82.5=402.5kg or 180+130+82.5=392.5kg

Its been an awesome experience having an excuse to push myself. I was surprised with each lift. I might even look to getting myself to a real meet towards the end of this year..

So I forgot about this for my other lifts this week but I'll submit what I did anyways...

Squat: 500 (x 2)

Bench: 320 (x 3)

Deadlift: 455 (x 5)

For a miserable 1275 total, haha...

Squat: 335 lbs (152 kg)

Bench: 225 lbs (102 kg)

Deadlift: 455 lbs (206 kg)

Total: 1015 lbs (460 kg)

Weight: 176 lbs (79.8 kg)

Wilks: 314.545

Weight this morning (squat day): 187.2

Photo%20May%2018%2C%2012%2016%2051%20PM.

Squat: 440

Bench: 285

Deadlift: 525

Total: 1250

Wilks: 373.49

The site says I'm 40, but I'm actually 41. My birthday is 2/12, not 12/2

Deadlift Tuesday:

Bench Thursday:

Squat Saturday:

I actually squatted 435/465/475 before this with wraps.

Awesome, sking.

Thanks, Mike! I'll get that bench up next time...

Nice job everyone.

My original plan was to do this since it lined up with my 1 week.  My shoulder is bothering me and no benching for me for the last three weeks.

Good luck!

Great job everyone!  Good to see the participation.  I'm a little sad I couldn't do it this week.

Great work everyone thanks to all who had a go...you have a target to beat next time round...

Here are the results - and hats of to Steve (sking) once again for winning - perhaps May 2014 will see him toppled as the King of ISPWL. 

Place Name---------------- Age- BW(kg)--- Squat-- Bench-- Deadlift- Total(kg)- Wilks
-1--- sking--------------- 40-- -84.9---- 199.6-- 129.3-- 238.1---- -567.0---- 373.49
-2--- AdamW--------------- 26-- 107.5---- 226.8-- 145.2-- 206.4---- -578.3---- 342.83
-3--- fudley-------------- 40-- -79.8---- 152.0-- 102.1-- 206.4---- -460.4---- 314.73
-4--- Ghost--------------- 24-- -75.0---- 150.0-- -90.0-- 180.0---- -420.0---- 299.27
-5--- johnnyboy----------- 48-- -88.4---- 140.0-- 100.0-- 160.0---- -400.0---- 257.74
-6--- Dreadlift----------- 39-- -91.4---- 140.0-- -82.5-- 180.0---- -402.5---- 254.98

Thanks, Neil. ...and Adam could have crushed me if he had tried.

Great job guys!

Congrats Steve!

Thanks, Neil. ...and Adam could have crushed me if he had tried.

Yes this is true :)

Good lifting guys.

Three-lifts Database for IS Members

I've added a few enhancements to the Three-lift database in which you entered your competition lifts. The major change is that the application can now keep a progress history of your three lifts.

Anyone from IS is welcome to register and use this to log their three-lift progress. Here's some more specific details of the changes:

• As said, the database now allows you to keep an on-going history of your lifts, rather than just over-write the one set.
  • Users can make their lift history visible to others or kept it private. Go to your account details to set this option.
  • Users can choose, if they want, one set of three lifts from their lift history to be ranked in the public ranking list. You can change the lifts you want ranked as your lifting improves.
  • Users can set their preferred weight unit (kg or lb) by going to their account details. This will only be effective while you're logged on. Regardless of whether you're logged on or not, when you're viewing a table you can still switch back and forth between units without affecting your preference.
  • Users can still delete their accounts via the account details screen, but doing so also removes your complete lifting history and any lifts you have ranked or entered into an IS competition.
  • For administrators: The administrator function has been altered slightly and is no longer accessible unless you are logged on.
  • The application now runs from the weightlifting.org.nz domain.
  • Sorting the tables is faster using Javascript at the browser rather than firing requests off to the web site.
To cater for future ISPL competitions, I will add an extra page to the application whereby the user can select from their lift history, the lifts that they want to submit as their entry to the competition. There'll also be a function for administrators to allow them to set competition dates, the name to appear on the competition results page and the ability to clear the results of the previous competition.

The competition results are now at http://weightlifting.org.nz/is/competition.php and this is separate from the ranked list which is at http://weightlifting.org.nz/is/lift_ranking.php

In the meantime, all users who have registered to the database have initially had their lifting history set to private and their competition lifts selected for inclusion in the ranking list.

Hopefully using it should be intuitive. Just click on stuff to find out what it does if not sure! Any questions or problems - PM me, as I don't often visit the forum now.

Depending on my levels of enthusiasm and spare time, I might add more features in future. Priority will be being able to include diary notes in your history, potentially having categories for equipped and unequipped lifts and, almost certainly, inclusion of Olympic lifts. Progress graphs etc. perhaps once I'm retired with time on my hands  :ph34r:

• Upvote 2

Good lifting guys.

Three-lifts Database for IS Members

I've added a few enhancements to the Three-lift database in which you entered your competition lifts. The major change is that the application can now keep a progress history of your three lifts.

Hopefully using it should be intuitive. Just click on stuff to find out what it does if not sure! Any questions or problems - PM me, as I don't often visit the forum now.

Depending on my levels of enthusiasm and spare time, I might add more features in future. Priority will be being able to include diary notes in your history, potentially having categories for equipped and unequipped lifts and, almost certainly, inclusion of Olympic lifts. Progress graphs etc. perhaps once I'm retired with time on my hands  :ph34r:

Once again John - huge thanks on behalf of all here at IS - this is well beyond the call of duty and has proved brilliant in these comps we have here, and the additional features sound impressive. :)

There's a note on the pages where you enter dates showing the correct entry order (d-m-y), but force of habit means that some will put the month and day round the opposite way. It works if the day is 13 or higher, but not otherwise!

I'll put another step in the registration process so you get a chance to check that you've entered the correct date of birth before it's saved. Safest way is to spell out the first three letters of the month. E.g. Today (in NZ) is 22 May 2013, or May 22 2013. If you still get it wrong, you will have to delete your account and start over.

I second Neil on the thanks for the database.  It's pretty awesome!

Yes Indeed. Thanks John for your time and effort is much appreciated.