Sign in to follow this  
NeilPorter

Ispwl Nov2012 Results

First off, congrats to everyone! No, make it a supertotal :D

I was actually thinking why don't we make it like the Sugden Classic?

There is another few vids featuring a Overhead Anyhow (Clean and Jerk, Rack Jerk, BTN Jerk, etc) and Deadlift.

It could get the entire forum competing with each other.

That is a fricking excellent idea, K!

Guest ExperimentB76z

Yeah, I really like the idea of a sugden classic style comp! Very good idea, K!

Are you talking of a Sugden classic for the Oly lifters or instead of the current ISPWL?

For me, the oly lifts are pretty technical and not everyone is interested in them so changing it would exclude more people

than it would include - but if you mean a parallel comp so all you Oly boys get to do a comp too I couldn't agree more...

Guest ExperimentB76z

It's not an oly comp. The sugden classic is in two parts,

a ) floor to head anyhow (so no one gives a shit how you get the bar above your head, just get it there however you can), and

b ) deadlift

Oly lifters may get an advantage in part A and power lifters should get an advantage in part B. Strongmen would probably decimate everyone.

Isn´t it just "over head anyhow"? That´d level the playing ground more and everyone could join in, since pretty much everyone on here is doing some overhead and deadlift movement. And if not, they should be.

Guest ExperimentB76z

Isn´t it just "over head anyhow"? That´d level the playing ground more and everyone could join in, since pretty much everyone on here is doing some overhead and deadlift movement. And if not, they should be.

Oh, yeah. So from shoulders (could be from rack) to above head.