Sign in to follow this  
NoelWL

Lean Gains

Guest Robernaut

Ok, thanks.

I will start typical 500 cal deficit a day next week. Do I have to do a deficit even if it's a workout day?

No. I think if you are looking to preserve as much muscle mass as possible, that eating maintenance on WO days is a good idea. Fat loss takes longer though.

IMO no need for such a hefty deficit unless your in a rush for a contest, powermeet or morbidly obese or what have you. And i would incorporate some sort of refeed, if not every training day than atleast ones a week (preferably around a heavy lower body workout, squats/deadlifts or such) my2cents

I am morbidly obese :(

Guest Robernaut

I am morbidly obese :(

Personally, it if were me then, I'd go with non work out -650 and work out -200 .

But are you sure you're morbidly obese? You don't look it in your pic or your recent-ish vids.

Well atleast slow down the deficit once u get gradually leaner anf u should be fine

Dude, you do not have a, "natural tendency", to not want to eat too many carbs. There is nothing natural about specifically excluding foods which contain a whole macro nutrient because of what it is. What you are describing, and what your other posts on food suggest, is that you have or are starting to acquire an unhealthy relationship with food, to the extent that it may be a disorder.

I really do think it would be good for you to see a professional nutritionist, please.

It almost seems that you post now about your diet to get affirmation / support for what you are doing to yourself.

I respectfully disagree about having an eating disorder. I do monitor macro intake rather religiously, which may be a little over obsessive. I just find most carb rich sources rather too filling when trying to get in enough calories. That's all I meant by that. I have a small appetite and prefer to eat denser fat rich foods. I eat plenty of rice, potatoes (white/sweet, etc), GF oats, etc. I find tacking them on after exercise helps make sure I'm getting enough. If I have a higher activity level than normal it just means I'm getting even more in. That's why I like cycling on leangains.

I spent the past year cutting down to get to 10% body fat. Since then I've started my first attempt at lean bulking and have been rather astonished at the amount I'm eating and just managing to maintain my cut weight.

Guest Robernaut

That's great. I really hope I'm wrong. If that's all it is, then you should eat more carb dense foods.