Sign in to follow this  
NeilPorter

Ironstrong Nov 2012 Pwl Meet (12Th-20Th)

It's rolled round quick again!

The usual rules apply here, it's a "virtual meet" in that you can enter your squat, deadlift and bench press (must have video for each lift - squat to be parallel, lock out deadlift and bench bar must touch chest)

Lifts must all be submitted between Monday 12th and Tuesday 20th November. Lifts must be completed in this time...

This topic is now open for posting...have extended it slightly in case any of you have recorded a lift from

Expected start date of 12th, but also to allow a full week for those who haven't! -

it is best if you can post all your lifts in one post for scoring purposes.

Also - for wilks scores we need bodyweight-

I will edit this post in full tomorrow as doing this on phone right now - to have the wilks link.

Good luck everyone :D

Is it this week, or next week? Title says 19-25th

Is it this week, or next week? Title says 19-25th

Yea amended that now - I note some people were expecting it to start this week so may have recorded a lift or 2 already, but have to allow a full week from today for those who haven't..

Think that's probably best approach? (Unless we just postpone it to start next week?)

Sounds fair. I had no idea it was this week. Sorry I can't participate this time :-(

Wish it was until the end of the month :(

Doing 5/3/1 2x/week and not doing my DL part until the 28th for the 1s week.

next time I guess.

I'm in!

(warning: the first squat is cringe-worthy form. Not sure how my back survived that one.)

350 squat (you decide, maybe shallow)

255 bench

525 DL

--

1130 total @ 189lb BW

If it's ok, I might post up another video later in the week with better squatting and benching.

It's the best three attempts of the week. If you do better, you can always update your entry.

Wow, this came around quickly!

No entry from me this time as not even training the big 3 anymore.

Good luck y'all!

I'm in!

(warning: the first squat is cringe-worthy form. Not sure how my back survived that one.)

350 squat (you decide, maybe shallow)

255 bench

525 DL

--

1130 total @ 189lb BW

If it's ok, I might post up another video later in the week with better squatting and benching.

Good work Spector - Been agreed that all lifts are good, so unless you have a heavier lift to add I will use these totals :D

Wish it was until the end of the month :(

Doing 5/3/1 2x/week and not doing my DL part until the 28th for the 1s week.

next time I guess.

I'll have to pass on a similar reason since my 1 week is two weeks away. Plus I was planning on taking it easy on the heavy squats for a bit.

Nice job spector and good luck to everyone...

Squat 140 kg
Bench press 100 kg
Deadlift 180 kg

Bodyweight was at 74,7 kg
  • Upvote 1

Squat - 100Kg (220Lb).
Bench - 80Kg (176Lb).
DL - 115 Kg (253Lb).

Total - 295Kg (649Lb).

BW - 95Kg (209Lb).

Happy with that, have taken heavy deloads on all lifts to sort form, still a 30% increase since the last one.

I've signed up for a real meet in January; hopefully 8 more weeks of steady increases till then.

Squat - 100Kg (220Lb).

Bench - 80Kg (176Lb).

DL - 115 Kg (253Lb).

Total - 295Kg (649Lb).

BW - 95Kg (209Lb).

Happy with that, have taken heavy deloads on all lifts to sort form, still a 30% increase since the last one.

I've signed up for a real meet in January; hopefully 8 more weeks of steady increases till then.

Good lifts - thanks for entering comp.

Hope the prep for the real meet goes well...

Good lifts - thanks for entering comp.

Hope the prep for the real meet goes well...

Cheers Neil, and thank you for organising.

So far, looking good guys.

Partial bench redemption on Saturday -- 265lbs:

I'm still working through my internal rotation deficit and the bar just locks up about 2/3s up whether I'm attempting 275, 285, or 295. It's pretty frustrating as the strength is clearly there but is being blocked by poor shoulder mechanics. I've started up some rehab that should clear it up soon. Hopefully next time I'll get 300-315.

Squat: 325 lbs (147.4 Kg)

Bench: 225 lbs (102.1 Kg)

Deads: 435 lbs (197.3 Kg)

Total: 985 lbs (446.8 Kg) at 170 lbs bodyweight, 312.447 Wilks

I'll just submit some random sets from the past week I guess, haha...

BW 250

Squat: 465

Bench: 295 (x 10)

Deadlift: 450 (x 6)

Total: 1210 (better than my first meet actually, haha...)

Saving the real singles for the meet next weekend, sorry I couldn't participate better!

Thanks Fudley and Adam and Spector for another bench effort - I have added that to your overall total....not long left until topic will close now for me to tot up the results.

I have all the scores - will add them tomorrow morning...unless we have any latecomers that changes placings..

I saw this thread just before leaving for the gym a few hours ago so I went ahead and filmed my lifts. Obviously these aren't 1RMs but here you go...

Bodyweight: 188 (weighed myself in underwear before lifting)

Squat: 340x5

OHP: 145x3

Deadlift: 405x3

I'm not sure why these aren't embedding.

Edited by FerrousMaverick
Embed the videos

@Maslow, Nice lifts. Unfortunately the lifts that count are Squat, Bench, Deadlift--which means the press won't be included in your total. If you are OK with this, then there's nothing else to be done. (breaking convention, though. most folks who don't do full power usually make bench one of the lifts).

I took care of embedding the videos for you.

I squatted 415x2 on Friday before doing 345x11

I bench 265 with a 16" close grip last Monday and this Monday.

I deadlifted 495 today before doing 425x5

I have video of all 3, but the only video I uploaded was the the 345x11 squat and 265 bench singles. They are on my youtube channel.

Best total would be 1175. I fluctuated between 180.2 and 184.8 throughout the week. I weighed 183.0 this morning.

This kind of snuck up on me, but if there's still time, I can put some video together.

Cheers Maslow and Steve - yea I am sure that in the states its only lunchtime of the 20th so have a while yet?

I will probably lock the topic and tally up the results in the morning when I wake up (just got back in from go-karting where I was complete shite and finished 19th out of 23 guys over 5 races, but I was spun round twice by some over exuberant racers!)

Squat Depth:
Squat.415x2.png

BW: 183.0

Squat: 415x2
Bench: 265
Deadlift: 495

Total: 1175
Wilks: 355.778