Sign in to follow this  
dodgepaul

Deadlifting Shoes That Aren't Chucks

I'll double check my running shoe size when I get home and let you know how my Do-Wins compare. I think 11 is probably good though.

I've been a long time fan of vibrams and the new balance minimus, which are my daily-wearing shoes.

But lately I've been squatting oly style with heels on a block of wood and it's felt AMAZING -- no hip or knee discomfort, infinitely stronger,tons of awesome little muscles working that I've never felt before. I just ordered a pair of the Wei-rui weightlifting shoes: http://www.maxbarbell.com/products/vx3-wei-rui-weightlifting-shoes

For general, all-purpose stuff (and even everyday walking around shoes) a pair of minimus is very, VERY highly recommended. They are by far the most versatile shoes out there. If you decide you also want a pair of dedicated lifting shoes, then I'd get those second.

Thanks Spector - Think I'm going to pony up the cash for both in the very near future. Which style of minimus do you have? I'm leaning towards the minimus LIFE

I have the trail runners, these guys: http://www.amazon.com/BALANCE-TRAIL-RUNNING-MINIMUS-11-5D/dp/B006I2IEX4/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1343865881&sr=8-4&keywords=new+balance+minimus+trail

I got those for the durability, and they've held up through some serious stuff for well over a year. You probably can't go wrong with any of them though.

+1 for the NB minimus, I got them for the gym but ended up wearing them all the time :lol: Just get them a size or two bigger because they are really small and narrow.

haha that's what happened with me and Chucks, I bought them because my gym didn't allow barefoot lifting, and noticed that wearing them, as opposed to the 'good' running shoes I normally wore, flared my plantar faciitis (or whatever the hell is wrong with my feet) much less, and I have less foot pain overall, so I wear the chucks all the time, now. I look like a 60's jock gone to fat lol