Sign in to follow this  
Samir

Euro 2012 !

England has always been one of my favorite squads and for some reason they can never really put it together for the Championships. They have brilliant squads, yet they haven't won a major title since the '60s I think? Ridiculous.

Yea..for all their ability we last won (and in fact have only won) the world cup in 66 when we hosted it. Several times we have been a hairs breadth from a final (Italia 90, Euro 96) both times was Germany who beat us in the semi finals... but never quite there...

Bummer about Russia and Poland...half of my ancestry is pissed!

Yea never expected Russia to go out tonight !!

I cannot believe how poorly the Dutch played.

Got to be the embarrassment of the tourny so far.

I cannot believe how poorly the Dutch played.

Got to be the embarrassment of the tourny so far.

I agree - utterly shambolic in every game. Really poor.

So sorry about Croatia

So sorry about Croatia

I was praying they would score - played well and deserved to go through.

SPAIN VS ITALY (my fave team) TOMORROW. EXCITED.

Who else is watching?

just noticed you have the same avatar as Ferrous Maverick...a tad confusing :D

Well done England. :)

Italy next, should be good.

<--- Italian citizen here. (Through mother).

England vs Italy ! Epic!

Was a good result even though we didn't play that well...look forward to Sunday now should be an awesome game...Rooney will play better I am sure.

I fancy us to sneak through, but I don't relish the chances of us beating Germany in the Semi final (cannot see Greece beating them)

Germany is the team to beat so far. Much more polished than in 2010 WC. Mesut Oezil is retarded out there, I'd be scared to play him more than anyone else right now (yes including Spain).

The rest of the young roster has matured so well too : Khedira, Muller, etc., even Gomez (GOMEZ!) in top form.

Italy is still finding an identity (who's the "go-to" striker out there? Balotelli? Cass? Di Natale?) though playing better than 2010.

France's roster is inexperienced.

England needed a gaffe to beat Ukraine, though it's nice to see Roo not being useless on the Int'l stage for once. Strange as it sounds, I think reducing the Chelsea representation (more specifically, Lampard) has allowed Gerrard to emerge a lot more, he was sort of adrift when Lampard was around.

Spain is suprisingly shakey defensively, they miss Puyol back there. IMHO he was very under-rated on an very offensive team. Everyone's mesmerized by Xavi/Iniesta/Villa/Silva/Torres, but Puyol was absolutely a rock and a leader. He was that anchor in the back.

Portugal ... it's nice to see C. R making passes for once and hustling on D (did you all notice he intercepted a pass 20' from his defensive box, and scored a goal 0:30 later because of it?). But they're a one-trick pony imho.

Of course, Greece and Czech Republic are lucky to still be alive.

So in short, that basically leaves Germany as the favorite.

I'm rooting for Italy now - Balotelli and Cassano must be the craziest line of forwards ever. I too think that Spain misses Puyi a LOT, that plus the solid German team equals Germany winning the tournament. Honestly, I don't know a single weak point or weak link in that team.

I agree - it's Germany V Portugal or Spain in the final, I am actually thinking Portugal will beat spain in the semis...

All the boys are coming over on Sunday for Italy vs. England. It's so odd how rarely these 2 nations meet.

England has mastered the catenaccio and will give Italy some of their own medicine :lol:

England has mastered the catenaccio and will give Italy some of their own medicine :lol:

Sorry, nothing will even come close to the days of Cannavaro/Buffon together stopping everything that got near the Italian box.

Terry has potential but he's ... a bit of a wanker ;)

And as far as I can tell, England is missing a key aspect of the Catenaccio game.

Aspects of Catenaccio

1. Defensive style - check

2. Good goalie - Now that it's Hart, check

3. Solid defender - Terry, check.

4. diving in the opposing box to get a penalty kick, in order to go up 1-0, with as little creativity as possible, in order to play 10 men back for the rest of the game - not check

I had to think of this video :lol:

I did like Italy back then when Maldini, Pipo Inzaghi and Gattuso (what a killer!) used to play.

Tomorrow's game seems like a walk in the park for the Bundesteam but I fear that Greece is ready to surprise everyone.

• Upvote 1

Portugal should have had a hatful of goals tonight...if they can find their shooting boots they will be formidable opponents for whoever they play in the semis.

As for Germany - there is normally one team that gets stuffed in the first knockout stages in every tournament, and tomorrow I firmly believe Greece will be that side.

I had to think of this video :lol:

I did like Italy back then when Maldini, Pipo Inzaghi and Gattuso (what a killer!) used to play.

Tomorrow's game seems like a walk in the park for the Bundesteam but I fear that Greece is ready to surprise everyone.

I aws 11 years old when I first watched that video and thought it was funny... now this is basically what happens at every game, all the fucking time.

I aws 11 years old when I first watched that video and thought it was funny... now this is basically what happens at every game, all the fucking time.

It´s football, what do you expect :D

4. diving in the opposing box to get a penalty kick, in order to go up 1-0, with as little creativity as possible, in order to play 10 men back for the rest of the game - not check

Ashley Young - Check.

Not long now...few ice cold beers tonight and will be cheering the boys on...we can do it :D

As always, England just can't do it. I don't know what it is with them. They should've been better than Italy in every aspect, to be honest. Instead, they were under pressure most of the game and then, one of their most experienced players goes and takes a soft penalty kick. Why do players do that? Especially against a keeper like Buffon.

ixSNKeWYY7zCQ.gif