Sign in to follow this  
Portillo

George Foreman Grill

Is a George Foreman grill worth getting? Ive heard nothing but goods things about it.

I have one for a couple of years now and am happy with it - it gets the job done quickly and is easy to clean. Works best for burgers, beef steaks are OK, pork and chicken have to be marinated otherwise get dry and I prefer other ways of cooking.

I would say it might depend on the one you get. I had a off brand GF style grill which worked perfect. After several years use, we got a new GF grill and it was quick to burn everything. It had no temperature control to keep it from over heating. But I think you might be able to get one where you can control the temperature. If so, they are right handy to have.

Thanks. Im definately going to get one as soon as I can.

I also have a Griddler. Big improvement over my old Foreman.

The GF is useful for cooking fatty meat (easy to drain fat away) and for cooking meat on both sides at once. It's a royal pain to clean. I rarely use it.

IMO, a good frying pan is better value, easy to clean and more versatile than any griller. Also, a frying pan can serve as weapon during a zombie apocalypse... :D:ph34r:

• Upvote 2

The GF grill is quick and easy but not very versatile...it's impossible to get any sort of good char or crispiness to the meat. Just learn to use a frying pan. Unless you have no kitchen where you are, then the foreman grill ain't bad. Get the one where the grills are detachable because they are SO much easier to clean.

The GF grill is quick and easy but not very versatile...it's impossible to get any sort of good char or crispiness to the meat. Just learn to use a frying pan. Unless you have no kitchen where you are, then the foreman grill ain't bad. Get the one where the grills are detachable because they are SO much easier to clean.

Depends on which Forman grill you get. I got one that has several plates that I can cook so many different things on it and I normally don't like cooking but with this its easy. - 5 Plates included: 2 Ribbed grill plates, 2 Waffle plates, 1 Griddle / Bake plates. This is the one I have.... http://www.georgeforemancooking.com/products/multi-plate-grills/g5-grill-grp90wgr.aspx

That looks like a good one.

It is. I've got a $300 grill outside on my deck that I barely even use anymore because I just use this one for everything 99% of the time.

Give me a real grill with oversized man utensils any day. Yes, I will stand outside in the winter with snow on my deck and grill steaks. But that's my personal preference.

• Upvote 1

Me too honestly haha but I'm always out of propane... Need to get a gas line out there and get a natural gas barbecue, that would be the life...

I have both a real grill and a griddler.

Let me be totally honest with you guys, nothing comes close to a real grill.

Even a shitty BBQ far exceeds the Griddler.

Griddler is for winter only. When I can't be arsed to go outside.

I have both a real grill and a griddler.

Let me be totally honest with you guys, nothing comes close to a real grill.

Even a shitty BBQ far exceeds the Griddler.

Griddler is for winter only. When I can't be arsed to go outside.

Funny, where I live the winter is better time to go outside and gril. South Georgia is miserable in the summer (it's a damn swamp). Can't wait to move to DC next month!

It is. I've got a $300 grill outside on my deck that I barely even use anymore because I just use this one for everything 99% of the time.

I emailed the company that sells George Foreman grills in Australia and asked them about the G5. They said that they are no longer available. Not sure which one to get now.

I emailed the company that sells George Foreman grills in Australia and asked them about the G5. They said that they are no longer available. Not sure which one to get now.

I'm with the people that say don't get one at all. I don't have a bbq (building doesn't allow it, because otherwise I'm like FM), and I have a GF grill that never gets used because, honestly, it kind of sucks. It's a huge PITA to clean, and it doesn't get hot enough. Get a cast iron grill pan if you really want grill marks on your food.

Edit: added "grill" - Thanks, FM!

Hmmm... When I read "I have a GF that never gets used..." my brain automatically expanded that to Girl Friend. Poor girlfriend.

Hmmm... When I read "I have a GF that never gets used..." my brain automatically expanded that to Girl Friend. Poor girlfriend.

Hahahahah, when I read your comment I thought exactly the same thing and had to go back to check, "Did I actually write that?"

Whoops!

I finally got myself a regular family size Foreman Grill. Ive only used it once but it seems to work great so far. Cooked up steak and sausages.

Give me a real grill with oversized man utensils any day. Yes, I will stand outside in the winter with snow on my deck and grill steaks. But that's my personal preference.

(insert man grunting) I love my grill and will cook out when ever I can. It has to be charcoal though. I don't do gas!